Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What I mean is that I'm barely conscious. Like I could just black out at any time. Like I'm so spaced out that I can't think or process my surroundings. People here have written about feeling barely conscious before. It's the scariest sh*t ever/

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess so, I have a general apathy and bleak outlook. I get anxiety really badly when the spaced out feeling gets too strong to handle. I also used to be much more creative but feel that my higher thinking has been disabled.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm taking clomipramine, I exercise pretty regularly, try to eat healthy, think positive thoughts Stay busy, etc. I decided to try Lamictal for the dissociation and now I am worse then ever. Taking more of it messes me up, taking less of it messes me up even more. I'm trying to get off of it

·
Banned
76 Posts
I do grounding excercises to handle my dp feelings. Every time I get to spaced out I try to connect with my body again to come back more into reality. Also I am trying attention training which basically is a method to focus more on the outside world again instead of constantly monitoring yourself. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think it will help, what are the grounding exercises like? What do you do exactly?

·
Banned
76 Posts
Breathing excercises, mindfullness, attention training....there is a Book I bought „overcoming Depersonalisation Order“ by Daphne Simeon which is quite good. You can try inner dialogue or touch objects when walking so you have the feeling you are real. The object is to calm the body down and coach it out of the anxiety. This will take a while but help to get in touch with yourself again

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm doing soo freakin' poorly...Has anyone had any experience with getting off lamictal? Every day I feel like im either about to die, or end up in a psych hospital. I used to live with DP without this much struggle but now I really can't bear it anymore.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I guess so, I have a general apathy and bleak outlook. I get anxiety really badly when the spaced out feeling gets too strong to handle. I also used to be much more creative but feel that my higher thinking has been disabled.
I️ am in the same boat. Barely conscious or alive. Honestly it's like I️ am completely removed gone from my body. My body is so weird feeling

·
Registered
158 Posts
if i think about hospital i feel terrible. i feel like those humans try to kill me or make me feel even more unfamiliar and they just scares me.. i think best think would be meet others who have dp and suffer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts