Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a year of feeling normal, I am back to being completely DR/DP'ed. I am in an absolute panic - i forgot just how awful this feels. It's terrible because it's not like a physical symptom where it just affects a part of your life - it affects your whole life - it IS your life.

I am feeling completely dazed and almost confused - i can't concentrate or foucs. I don't feel like moving, i'm flushed and just feel weird. I am positive I am going to go crazy - that this is the last straw, and I will now lose my mind. My focus is weird - random thoughts keep entering my head, they dont usually make sense either.

Everything seems so strange and so unreal , and I feel like I have nothing to look forward too. I am alone and scared.

I think I am really just looking for people to tell me i'm okay, and mean it - tell me that this is normal, that it will pass - i'm just scared as hell.

I probably look crazy already, bursting into tears every 10 minutes, then calming down and doing it all over again.

HELP.

· Registered
1,479 Posts
I am so very sorry Matt. :(

I, too, had a year free of DR and then it came back in full force. I found the second time I did not go down as much as the first. Please try focasing on things you learned the first time around and let that help calm the extreme anxiety you're feeling now. I wish I could say things will be fine tomorrow, but you never know with this stuff. Hold tight and really work on not completely flipping out. You know that only intensifies it. Work what you know.

Again, so sorry.
terri

· Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you - i am a veteran of this so I don't quite understand how it's come back this strong - i shouldn't be this afraid, but I am.

I can't get out of this panic, i dont want to move.

· Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
why can't I reply to this ?? ughhh.

EDIT : of course it works now. I've been trying to reply for 20 minutes. I am completely alone right now, my roomate just moved out on me - part of the reason ive had so much time to think, and ultimately get worse.

I have no one to calm me down, which is terrible.

· Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jc said:
what is different when you say that you recovered for a year ?

do you lose the self awareness,just curious
I recoverd in that DP never entered my mind once - It convinced me that DP is a mindset, a thought .. and nothing more. If I ever thought about it long or hard enough, it was still there technically. But it did not interfere with my life in the least, and it was forgotten about.

· Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
terri* said:
So can you move now? Is the panic settling?
I haven't tried , i am a bit calmer now - still REALLY out of it though. It's hard to function or think, you know the feeling?

· Registered
37 Posts
-in my opinion-

i know this may be difficult, but the sooner you do this the better.

throw yourself back into your life, whether you want to or not.

dont try to analyze why it happened, why this time is worse, etc.
just get out of your house, occupy yourself with anything, surround yourself with friends (or just people).

your dp may scream for analysis and attention. shrug your shoulders and move on to a real task. you lived a year without it...you know whats its like.

force yourself out the door and back to your life.

the sooner the better.

· Registered
2,383 Posts
Dear Matt,
Can you think of any variables that set this off? Iknow you mentioned that your roommate moved out, has given you more time to think. For me isolation is deadly. I've been alone a lot recently and it isn't good. When I do get out I feel much better, but it is so difficult, so, so difficult.

At any rate, can you perhaps write down a list of ANYTHING you think could have brought this back on and address it?

We know about change in environment -- loss of roommate. Change does that to me.. make the DP worse. Other things? Change in eating habits, a med, I'm grasping at straws here, but for me I can usually track down bad episodes to a real life event and go, "OK, that's why I feel like Hell." And I become less afraid, if nothing else.

I hope this helps some.

I am always astounded at how this fades and comes back for some people. And yes it BECOMES your life.

Take Care,
D

· Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dreamer said:
Dear Matt,
Can you think of any variables that set this off? Iknow you mentioned that your roommate moved out, has given you more time to think. For me isolation is deadly. I've been alone a lot recently and it isn't good. When I do get out I feel much better, but it is so difficult, so, so difficult.

At any rate, can you perhaps write down a list of ANYTHING you think could have brought this back on and address it?

We know about change in environment -- loss of roommate. Change does that to me.. make the DP worse. Other things? Change in eating habits, a med, I'm grasping at straws here, but for me I can usually track down bad episodes to a real life event and go, "OK, that's why I feel like Hell." And I become less afraid, if nothing else.

I hope this helps some.

I am always astounded at how this fades and comes back for some people. And yes it BECOMES your life.

Take Care,
D
An end of a year and a half relationship may have something to do with it. It was pretty painful - the DP didn't come on right away though, it's been 3 weeks.. and at first i didn't feel it, but it could definately have been a contributing factor.

· Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
furtherwest said:
-in my opinion-

i know this may be difficult, but the sooner you do this the better.

throw yourself back into your life, whether you want to or not.

dont try to analyze why it happened, why this time is worse, etc.
just get out of your house, occupy yourself with anything, surround yourself with friends (or just people).

your dp may scream for analysis and attention. shrug your shoulders and move on to a real task. you lived a year without it...you know whats its like.

force yourself out the door and back to your life.

the sooner the better.
All excellent points - this is exaclty what brought myself out of it the first time - i need to distract myself. Tonight is a tough night to do that, so it looks as if I will have to suffer - but i will definately try my best.

· Registered
32 Posts
A thing that helped me with my panic, while it sounds random, try it.

Pick up a magazine/newspaper or something and just read out the words aloud. It takes your mind off the panic and it helped me calm down.

Good Luck :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.