Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
note - reactions (i.e. pros and cons) to said Perspectives change per personality. These are simply my (personality) reactions to said perspectives. In addition, these opinions are my own and generalized.

Perspective #1: stay positive, everything will be alright. Just keep moving forward, no matter what.
[pros]: you can push your way through life with a forced smile

[cons]: you numb yourself to anything negative, thus avoiding potential learning experiences

Perspective #2: there is no hope, no matter what I do I fail, I am a shit person with a shit life

[pros]: you can push your way through life with an excuse

[cons]: you may hurt others because your attitude is always "fuck this, doesn't even matter in the long run"

Perspective #3: there is hope, somewhere out there.. maybe in some small place, but it's there

[pros]: you live life as though the things which burden you may someday dissipate

[cons]: you may stand out from the crowd, you will have to have an insane amount of courage

Conclusion.... life is a hypothetical. Meaning... I may or may not be here. Solution? Science says I am. Problem? I don't want to be. Answer?

...If you said Perspective #1, you are creative, have imagination, but may be slightly illogical and lack strategy. However your intentions are probably good, so cheers.

...If you said Perspective #2, you might be wrong. Science says that there are infinite universes, therefore there are infinite you's and infinite solutions to your problem/s.

...If you said Perspective #3, you could be right. Ultimately, you live your own life and make your own decisions. Choose wisely and live as though you have one life, for that is what you really have.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Perspective #4: I am in a constant state of suffering, I feel disconnected, depressed and anxious to the point that I can't even distinguish what feelings are anymore. What is life any way?

[pros]: you realise that no matter what perspective you take, it will be tainted by your dark night of the soul, and that you probably need help and recovery before making any final conclusions about life.

[cons]: healing takes time, and for the most part you will have to ride out the uncomfortable experiences because your past actions and perspectives have consequences.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perspective #4: I am in a constant state of suffering, I feel disconnected, depressed and anxious to the point that I can't even distinguish what feelings are anymore. What is life any way?

[pros]: you realise that no matter what perspective you take, it will be tainted by your dark night of the soul, and that you probably need help and recovery before making any final conclusions about life.

[cons]: healing takes time, and for the most part you will have to ride out the uncomfortable experiences because your past actions and perspectives have consequences.
I understand your point, but one's perspective on life is different from one's actual life.. In other words, I should have said perspectives on one's future. All problems taken into account, it is important to look towards the future when making life decisions that one is not sure if one is mentally stable/unstable enough to make.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I understand your point, but one's perspective on life is different from one's actual life.. In other words, I should have said perspectives on one's future. All problems taken into account, it is important to look towards the future when making life decisions that one is not sure if one is mentally stable/unstable enough to make.
That's what I was inferring, one who is mentally unstable can not construct a viable future for themselves, hence they may be able to benefit from this perspective. Perspective is everything really, there is no 'actual life'. I could compare my daily activities to 2 years ago and things were roughly the same, but what changed is my mental state and perspective.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts