Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, there
My name is Kayla I am 27 years old . I have been dealing with I think is dp/dr . Haven’t been diagnosed yet .
It seems like this started after I got my covid vaccine . I was fine and 2 days later after I got it this started to happen to me. I’ve also been very stressed out about my job (I hate it there) and am very overworked . So I’m not sure if it’s because of that or the vaccine . I have been dealing with this for over 4 months now . And believe me when I say I HAVE never experienced anything like this before in my entire life . I’ve always struggled with OCD and anxiety but never this . I feel like I am floating, my brain is so foggy . I feel so disconnected from everything . I have visual snow like crazy . I don’t even wanna go outside because the trees give me so much anxiety because of how they look. I feel like I can’t connect with anything . Don’t wanna go out don’t wanna go to work. Lights seem brighter . I ended up in the ER because of this . I freaked right out last week I had a complete anxiety attack where I felt like I was going insane . And drove myself to the hospital. When this first started happening I also was very jumpy and afraid of everything . And I couldn’t even drive thankfully that has gone away but I’m just trying to get through this . I know you have to accept it and try to not think about it but it’s so hard not too when it’s what your feeling 24/7 anyone else feel like this :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey @KNC1995 same feeling here, I'm struggling right now trying to look "normal" to the other people but this week is kiling me, do you also have good weeks and bad weeks regarding the intensity of your feelings?? We will all be BETTER some day i hope. but there is some days that i lost completely my hope.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Diego I’m sorry you’re going through the same thing :( . I don’t go weeks with feeling okay I sometimes have a day or two where I’m not stressing too much about it, but for the most part the feeling is always there.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi, there
My name is Kayla I am 27 years old . I have been dealing with I think is dp/dr . Haven’t been diagnosed yet .
It seems like this started after I got my covid vaccine . I was fine and 2 days later after I got it this started to happen to me. I’ve also been very stressed out about my job (I hate it there) and am very overworked . So I’m not sure if it’s because of that or the vaccine . I have been dealing with this for over 4 months now . And believe me when I say I HAVE never experienced anything like this before in my entire life . I’ve always struggled with OCD and anxiety but never this . I feel like I am floating, my brain is so foggy . I feel so disconnected from everything . I have visual snow like crazy . I don’t even wanna go outside because the trees give me so much anxiety because of how they look. I feel like I can’t connect with anything . Don’t wanna go out don’t wanna go to work. Lights seem brighter . I ended up in the ER because of this . I freaked right out last week I had a complete anxiety attack where I felt like I was going insane . And drove myself to the hospital. When this first started happening I also was very jumpy and afraid of everything . And I couldn’t even drive thankfully that has gone away but I’m just trying to get through this . I know you have to accept it and try to not think about it but it’s so hard not too when it’s what your feeling 24/7 anyone else feel like this :(
Have you tried medication yet? I feel much better since starting

·
Administrator
1,044 Posts
Have you tried medication yet? I feel much better since starting
LoL bro! People keep asking you that question here... you might as well make your Signature "40mgs of Prozac"

I'll add to this as well: I had been on a handful of different meds throughout my early years of dissociation. They all either made it worse or didn't help at all. Until I got on Perphenazine in the mental ward in 2009. I've been on it ever since and honestly I feel like it was made just for me. If you're out there trying meds, and they suck, then keep trying until you find the right one for you. Also always consult with your prescribing professional before getting on and or off any amount of medications currently, because chemicals have a way of fucking with your brain chemistry... that actually what they are for, and so it's typical to ween off meds that you are even planning to get off completely. Also stay away from drugs. Drugs are bad.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It is odd how the brain works isn’t it. For close to five years I have been dealing with what I believe is ptsd, alongside a severe anxiety disorder. Sometimes I feel like I disconnect, almost like everything around me becomes fake. Or like a painting, I am not sure exactly what it is that could be causing this. I do however relate to you, I am currently unable to drive a lot of times, and things are very complicated. I am 28 years old, I have a history of drug abuse and alcohol abuse. As a matter of fact, my ptsd I believe, is directly related to my alcoholism. While in rehab I watched a man have a withdrawal seizure, a grand-mal, it happened right next to me. Then once I got home from rehab, not long after, my grandmother passed away and I drank very hard for about a week. Then my panic and ptsd set in. It has been a very hellish few years for me. Believe me when I tell you. You are not alone, and I pray to god above that you have the breakthrough you need to get through this and come out clean on the other side. God bless you sister and may god bless you all.

·
Registered
139 Posts
LoL bro! People keep asking you that question here... you might as well make your Signature "40mgs of Prozac"

I'll add to this as well: I had been on a handful of different meds throughout my early years of dissociation. They all either made it worse or didn't help at all. Until I got on Perphenazine in the mental ward in 2009. I've been on it ever since and honestly I feel like it was made just for me. If you're out there trying meds, and they suck, then keep trying until you find the right one for you. Also always consult with your prescribing professional before getting on and or off any amount of medications currently, because chemicals have a way of fucking with your brain chemistry... that actually what they are for, and so it's typical to ween off meds that you are even planning to get off completely. Also stay away from drugs. Drugs are bad.
Ao frustrating because there’s so many medications out there and they ask me instead of a psychiatrist, I remembered why I left this site cause it only made me more scared to try medication but when I did I felt so much better

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi, there
I rarely post here, but I feel compelled to jump in here. I totally know what you mean by the shapes of the trees giving you anxiety. I had this bad last year and it does slowly improve. I have done lots of work with mindfulness and accepted taking medication. I think it is extreme fear and anxiety that create this level of hyper vigilance. Right now, your brain sees everything as a potential threat.

my dpdr started after a period of intense stress and health anxiety in spring of 2021. The extreme anxiety went on for about six weeks before the dpdr kicked in.

It is the most frightening thing I have ever experienced, but it is slowly improving, so I am sure yours can too.

The constant mindfulness practice has been key and also not avoiding things that are scary. You have to teach your primitive brain things are safe again and that takes time and will be super scary to do. I think that our circumstances are similar and I believe that dpdr from stress overwhelm can be overcome. I have to believe it!

This has been a frightening journey for me because it started with an extreme anxiety attack and insomnia. My sleep is still difficult and I think that is holding back my progress.

We have all been through a collective trauma with COVID and there was no guidance on how to cope. I actually think that the government made the fear worse by switching their recommendations so often.

I currently take Zoloft and Quetiapine at night. I am down to .25 Klonopin and am determined to stop taking that. Before this, I never took anything stronger than Advil.

Well, that’s about all I can say. It does get better with time if you can work on soothing your nervous system. I can go out for walks now and go into stores without too much fear. I can look at trees!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts