Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else felt like when you go to sleep and wake up you are continuously sent to a completely different world and have to start over on your process of getting over dpdr from scratch? I know this is far-fetched, but my mornings are so bad and I feel so dissociated, the rest of my day I'm just trying to get my bearings straight. Then the next day it's the same all over again, like there is no change in how I feel from the day before. I feel like I should be getting better; I'm exercising, increased my prozac dose from 50mg (been on this for the past 2 years with no problems) to 60mg, been going to therapy, having some powerful breakthroughs on some days as well. I just cant seem to have consecutively good days. One day I will feel great think I'm on my way to recovery, but most mornings I just feel like a complete fish out of water again. Anyone else ever thought like this? It's getting to a point where I just feel like I'm going to never feel normal again. How can I convince myself that I am in the same world that I have always been in?

This is going to be my last post on any of these types of forums because I think ruminating about this has honestly made my obsession with existential questions worse. I just need to get this off my chest and get some feedback and I will be done. Thanks for reading, any advice or words of wisdom will help a lot.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi, I can somewhat relate to that. When i was undergoing severe dpdr, i used to wake up completely disorientated. knowing very less about the world i was in, what was i doing and more importantly who was i? I think i didn't pay much attention to it at the time and considered it as part of my dpdr because I had all the classic symptoms of dpdr all the time.

The days my dpdr was not extreme, i felt better overall... i would wake up with an "active" mind, knowing exactly what universe or world I was in.

I feel for you but I can tell you that it does diminish. You just need to keep working on your recovery.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Has anyone else felt like when you go to sleep and wake up you are continuously sent to a completely different world and have to start over on your process of getting over dpdr from scratch? I know this is far-fetched, but my mornings are so bad and I feel so dissociated, the rest of my day I'm just trying to get my bearings straight. Then the next day it's the same all over again, like there is no change in how I feel from the day before. I feel like I should be getting better; I'm exercising, increased my prozac dose from 50mg (been on this for the past 2 years with no problems) to 60mg, been going to therapy, having some powerful breakthroughs on some days as well. I just cant seem to have consecutively good days. One day I will feel great think I'm on my way to recovery, but most mornings I just feel like a complete fish out of water again. Anyone else ever thought like this? It's getting to a point where I just feel like I'm going to never feel normal again. How can I convince myself that I am in the same world that I have always been in?

This is going to be my last post on any of these types of forums because I think ruminating about this has honestly made my obsession with existential questions worse. I just need to get this off my chest and get some feedback and I will be done. Thanks for reading, any advice or words of wisdom will help a lot.
Just saw this as i typed my own thread and realized how crazy similar it was. I can COMPLETELY relate to everything youre saying and in my opinion its the hardest part about my days. Take a look at my thread and see if you can relate at all.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just saw this as i typed my own thread and realized how crazy similar it was. I can COMPLETELY relate to everything youre saying and in my opinion its the hardest part about my days. Take a look at my thread and see if you can relate at all.
Just read your post from yesterday and WOW that's wild that we posted basically the same thing. I've kind of had some lightbulbs go off within the past 24 hours, and maybe some of this will help you out. Not sure if you have the same thoughts that "I am not in the same place I was before" but this tends to be my main fear and while I don't suggest looking up theories about this, sometimes some hard-science is enough to knock me out of my complete paralyzed fear. There are many theories that there are multiverses and parallel universes out there, but the fact of the matter is that they are SO far away and it is not possible by the laws of physics to travel amongst them. I know there's a lot of people out there who claim they have traveled among universes and dimensions and whatnot, but in short, people are full of shit. The mind works in some powerful ways and can convince us of some ridiculous things, dp/dr including one of them! Maybe one day FAR FAR down the line we will be able to travel to them, but just to awaken one day in another one? Definitely not possible. Our bodies are made of flesh, bone, earth, and I know some find comfort in spirituality (sometimes I do too), but you can be assured that we are meant to be here where we are. If we know one thing, it's that this earth is as real as it gets. Feel free to DM me if you want to chat more about this, hoping this might help you!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts