Depersonalization Support Forum banner

Too much stimuli

577 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Isobel 
#1 ·
I'll tell you what's been bothering me recently...I feel like there is just too much around me, too much to take in, it's too wide, too bright, too dark, too much stimuli, all that crap. That and the nature of how I'm thinking what i'm thinking, like a song will be stuck in my head, and i wonder how I'm thinking it, how I'm hearing it, what is thinking, how do we think, what is normal thinking, all of that stuff. Or it's like my mind gets tired of thinking all the time, and I just want to rest, but there is no rest, because our minds are always working...it's an annoying circle. These are the two main thoughts that are keeping me occupied with the dp/dr.

I know now that it's normal to have inner dialogue, as my therapist told me so, but I'm constantly wondering what a "Normal" inner dialogue is, and when it becomes talking to yourself/going crazy/hearing voices. And how I have inner dialogues, where do the thoughts come from, and on it goes. Sigh. I think it's getting better, though, i get little periods where I'll feel fine, where my thoughts don't bother me. Onward I trod, focusing outward, like the little engine that could "I think i can, I think I can, I think I can," until it becomes "I know I can."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.