Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't left my bed all day.... cried on and off I just cannot take this anymore! No one deserves to live like this! I seriously wonder how many people have taken their own lives due to this. Whhyyy can't I just get better! I need my life back! I'm so afraid I will never be happy or live a normal life again!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Casey. Please hang in there. I know it's really tough. I read a book about anxiety and depersonalisation by Paul David. At last a life is the name of the book.
This is a horrible disorder. I was crazy suicidal for 3 months after my breakdown in January. It's now August and I'd say I'm 50% recovered.
I promise things do get better. It seems we can't rush recovery and everyone will get better at their own pace. Have faith in your mental health. You will get better 100%

·
Registered
16 Posts
Even though you feel horrendous now, there will be a time that you'll feel better than you do now, even though the dp/dr is still there. Probably even today :) It won't be unbearable forever.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Atleast you can cry, I never feel like crying just ranting about how shitty my brain is, like im emotionaly numb and I think to myself whats the point in crying, it's not normal though

·
Registered
877 Posts
Just popping in to say that things can and will change. We've all been there, and ey, at least you cna cry right? It's someting!

Weirdly enough i think the amount of people that kill themselves due to DP is kinda low. You keep seeing people who have had it for years/decades. And for myself i think it's weird i haven't killed myself. But here i am :)

·
Registered
330 Posts
It's ok. Everyone goes through this. Unfortunately recovery is a very slow process, but the pain won't last forever, even if you still have DP by that time. Trust me when I tell you that there will be a point in the future where you will still have DP but you don't fear it at all anymore, because you've been there done that.
I've had this for a year now, and granted that's not as long as other people, and I've gone through many phases. The hopelessness, the fear, the what the fuck is happening to me, and now, the I don't fear you anymore phase.
It does get to that point, don't worry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts