Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else feel sleepy 24/7? When I get home from school (2 hours long) every day I have to fight myself to stay awake. I could literally go back to sleep 3 hours after I wake up and sleep all day. It's driving me crazy. Does anyone know what could be causing it. PS-I'm not depressed. And I'm on 20 mg of Celexa.

·
Former Moderator
1,273 Posts
well enngirl (what happened to the "a" you used to have at the end of "enn"?),

i've been very tired lately and i've come to the conclusion that it's because i've had a very tough past two weeks...a lot of drinking, a lot of anxiety...real yucky like...in your case, if you just starting taking the celexa, it could be a mild reaction to starting a new drug...if not, perhaps it's the weather. These are some of the most depressing days i've ever known weather-wise, and it's coming at possibly my worst state of dp/depression...i don't know where you live, but if you're anywhere near Toronto, it's rainy, cold, dark, gloomy, and the days end almost as soon as they begin.

in any case, i hope the sleepiness passes...

s.

G

·
im also tired, no matter how much sleep i get, i never feel rested. I never feel like i have enough energy. It really really really sucks :(

·
Registered
258 Posts
Like you all I also feel exhausted a couple of hours after waking up. Personally its the mental fighting, the ruminating and the worrying that can waste an entire days worth of energy and leave me feeling exhausted within only a few hours.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I also have a major fatigue problem. I saw my psychiatrist a couple days ago and he prescribed me provigil for it, but it doesn't come in generic form yet so they wanted me to pay 50 bucks... didn't have it, could only afford my klonopin so I didn't get it. Also I was on it once along with effexor and I was up all night crying hysterically for like two weeks.... so I don't know if that was the provigil or the effexor.

You say you're on celexa but you're not depressed... is that cuz the celexa cured the depression or are you on it for something else? I was on celexa once too for depression, but it didn't work for me... I would wake up screaming sometimes...my DP seeped into my dreams.

Sorry to ramble.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm on celexa for anxiety. But I've been on it for 2 years. I'm thinking it might be the celexa. I don't know what else it is but I HATE being tired all the time. I always end up staying up all night because I fall alseep in the afternoon.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm on celexa for anxiety. But I've been on it for 2 years. I'm thinking it might be the celexa. I don't know what else it is but I HATE being tired all the time. I always end up staying up all night because I fall alseep in the afternoon.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I used to have the same exact problem. I just couldn't fall asleep at night so I'd end up staying up 'til like 5am and then I'd sleep all day and get stuck in that cycle. Now that I'm on Klonopin and have a job I sleep ok at night but I'm still ready to go right back to bed when I get home. I have zero energy, it sucks.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I definitely have this problem. I think it exists a lot as chronic fatigue in adults, but I think it's a prominent issue with DP- it sucks all of your energy. Also, I think I might be depressed, so that would help.

-Grant

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is there anything I can do to boost my energy?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
If you can get enough energy to exercise it will give you even more energy in the long run. B vitamins are supposed to help but I'm taking some and they're not working... but I heard that there's some that dissolve in your mouth or something that work better... I haven't tried those. Have you told your doc about your fatigue? That's all I can think of.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts