Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
For me, DPDR is more of a sensation than a thought. A thought is like “I need to finish this project for work”. DPDR is a physical sensation for me. So it’s hard to just ignore or accept something thst is happening too you, if thst makes any sense.

· Registered
2 Posts
Find a decent novel and put it on a kobo/kindle/other e-reader (reflective screens trigger me, assume they might for all).. I find being able to dip into an enthralling book is a really good way to calm those thoughts down. I assume it works for me because I'd find it difficult to imagine I could make up such a good book and therefore it shifts my frame of reference back to normal..confirming the book is the fiction and I'm living in reality.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can you tell me what is your thoughts exactly?
My thoughts include things like "What if I control everything and I'm the only 'real' one?", "What if nothing will change?", and sometimes I'll be sitting there and just random words snap me into consciousness and then i'll convince myself I was just thinking about that word and that I really am controlling reality. It's some pretty freaky shit.

· Registered
17 Posts
The DPDR keeps me chained to my house. I can’t drive, so reconnecting with the world is difficult. I’m constantly researching and analyzing online and in my mind. It’s hard to distract yourself when your mentally and physically locked up.

· Administrator
849 Posts
For me, DPDR is more of a sensation than a thought. A thought is like "I need to finish this project for work". DPDR is a physical sensation for me. So it's hard to just ignore or accept something thst is happening too you, if thst makes any sense.
I get that. It's deeper than thought. I always do this thing I call Accept and Correct. I allow myself to feel all the pain and sadness, then I correct the cognitive misconceptions with objective and supportive affirmations. It's kinda like overwriting malware.

· Registered
772 Posts
Easily one of the best things you can do imo is to find something to really focus on. Something that takes you into the zone where you forget everything around you, including your thoughts. For me it was gaming and programming.
. This is the only way I've been able to kind of get through life (not the programming part, but the extreme hyper focus thing). It's even better if you can turn this into a job or career. I tried, though it didn't work out in the end. Still, thumbs up with this advice.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.