Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hello , i posted my introduction story and im going through benzo withdrawals, i took benzos because i got tinnitus after a bad panic attack , and like im doing now i was obssesing very badly in my first tinnitus days , and this two things are so similar , how some people say its something incredibly complex and others just know its something wrong with the nerveous system being altered, i remember going every day to the tinnitus forum like i do in this one now , i read almost all succes stories and they all said the same , dont pay too much atention to it and keep going with life , of course the 2% minotiry of the ones that where for 10 years bothered by tinnitus said its something chronic and that it was an organic issue ( wich is true with loud music) but anyoways almos everyone can get habitutated by this sound, its so funny how its the exact sane in this forum, people telling you how to relax and keep busy and the ones that stay very distressed are the ones that aleays reply “yes its essy for you, go tell that to my friend who is disabled and forever ill dp can be chronic” wich can be true i dont doubt some people really suffer bad with this for years , but honestly its a minority and i already know who this people are in this forum because as in the tinnitus forum they where the same aleays commenting shit , always super active , yea im struggling right now as i was with my tinnitus bad somedays good somedays as i was wirh my tinnitus but the difference is my tinnitus is as loud or even louder but i dont care about this sound at all im completly habituated , as i think if i dont obsses that much with this shit will make things easier , sorry i just wamted to vent some thoughts and maybe if somebody read it can relate and understand that horror stories are out there but it doesnt mesn it will happen to you , as you could have dp forever you could die tomorrow in a car crash , people die all the tine driving and your not xonstatly obssesing about it, so maybe let it be here everyday and as debilitating as it feels just let it be, most people recover go in the tinnitus forums and you will see this pattern , alot of people struggling for years but most recover its just a minority that have it chronic

·
Registered
449 Posts
I have chronic tinnitus (I think) and I dont think it will go away but it doesnt bother me much because in daily life I dont notice it that much . I do hope one day it will go away though

btw...

people die all the tine driving and your not xonstatly obssesing about it,
yes I am . unfortunately

·
Registered
631 Posts
Tinnitus is definitely one of the few symptoms of my condition that can be ameliorated with distraction or simply not giving it attention. Most of the other symptoms, not so much.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I had a form of tinnitus which was not a ringing, but more a popping and clicking similar to eustachian tube dysfunction. It was fairly severe following a trauma I had at age 17. I grew accustomed to it, and it

continued for decades. I finally sorted out all my symptoms after suffering for 40 years. My trauma at age 17 was a series of powerful temporal lobe seizures that damaged my temporal lobe. I continued to have

lesser focal seizures throughout my adult life. The popping and clicking in my ear is a rare form of tinnitus which can actually be heard from the outside, with special equipment. The noises are a result of aberrant electrical activity in my brain.

The worst part of my epileptic syndrome was the recurrent major depression that accompanied it. Each episode was an epic struggle for survival.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts