Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

One of my most distressing symptoms is the feeling that time has actually sped up. I feel as though a whole day last hours. Has anyone had to deal with this and if so how did you get over it?

Thanks,

Zach

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yeah I can totally relate. It happens the most when I'm on my computer studying all day, or concentrating on something for too long. Usually I forget to look at the time, and suddenly it's 6 hours later when it feels like 1. But sometimes it does happen when I'm just going through day-to-day life too.

What I do to sort of reduce the feeling is to write down what I'm doing like every 30 minutes, or something connected to what I was feeling that exact time. Idk why it helps, but having a concrete proof of what I did throughout the day has helped me to remember that time moves the way it always has.

As for the actual feeling of time going fast I don't really have any good advice. I think just not focusing on it too much would help. Accepting that time never changed, just your perception of it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have an issue with time too. DP actually alters your brains sensation of events passing by, so that’s why. The thing is though, is that time is all in our heads. The present is all there really is, so I would try not focus on time passing by

1 - 3 of 3 Posts