Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not super sure how to describe this but it's like my brain doesn't want to let me forget dpdr. Dpdr caused me to feel weird and deluded about existence and made me feel foreign and wrong in my own life. Dpdr feels like it woke me to this whole new perception (that I hate) but it really was like waking up in this weird new life. Like if I recover and forget dpdr I'll be deluded about life and existence and like nothing matters BUT dpdr. I know this sounds crazy and I know it's irritational but it really makes me feel like I will never forget this and what I've been through. Like there's no other life than this perception and new reality.

I hope someone kind of understands how I'm feeling. I want to move on from this and have a good normal life but these thoughts are totally messing up recovery.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Totally understand this! I feel so stuck. Like I feel overly aware of my existence but at the same time life doesn’t feel real. It’s so weird. It feels very dreamlike like eventually I may wake up from this nightmare. So scared it will never go away. Idk how I will be able to live life without DP. It’s always there and I feel like I will constantly think about it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Totally understand this! I feel so stuck. Like I feel overly aware of my existence but at the same time life doesn't feel real. It's so weird. It feels very dreamlike like eventually I may wake up from this nightmare. So scared it will never go away. Idk how I will be able to live life without DP. It's always there and I feel like I will constantly think about it.
That's exactly how I feel as well. This crap sucks.

·
Registered
877 Posts
i'm totally the same. For some reason i can't let go of DP. I have moments where i feel like i forgot about it or put it behind me, but only for a moment, always within reach.....

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
This is gonna sound counter intuitive but I have found if you stop trying to push it away and constantly fighting it off and instead accept that its there and a part of your make up it will eventually almost vanish or at least become alot less dominating.....

DP is a weird condition in the sense that the obsessive fear we all have of it is actually what feeds it and keeps it constantly going...

I actually believe the only way to totally rid ourselves of DP is to get to a stage where we dont fear it coming back ever again....Much much harder said than done thought....Especially as a major part of this crazy condition is the damn obsessive rumination side to it....

The fact that the obsessive side is so dominating always leads me to believe (in my own case anyway) that the DP is really a physical chemical imbalance in the brain that is basically impossible to fix without the aid of medicine....Now this is what I believe in my own case only..... I know everybody is different so please dont take what Ive said and run with it...."Trigger Alert"

Everybody is different!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts