Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I stopped obsessing over how I felt physically and mentally I don't check myself anymore for sanity o don't google or search things at all anymore other than coming on here.I actually just started to not care at all about anything.tonight I was watching TV and the people looked fake like dolls or mannequins and I started looking at old picture of myself and felt like I looked fake part of me wanted to freak out but couldn't.coukd this be something worse.am I getting worse.I thought not obsessing was a good sign but now this.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Well, you've got to accept that you have DP now. Just because you've made a conscious decision to not obsess, it doesn't mean you won't experience symptoms.

It won't be fixed over night.

The people looking fake/like mannequins thing isn't anything worse. It's actually a well documented symptom of DPDR, and one i experienced back in '15.

Truly not obsessing means you don't obsess about recovery either. Be calm and accepting. And when you experience something new, you just gotta say "ah, thank you DP". and go about your day

·
Registered
43 Posts
The fact you made this post shows you're not there yet with stopping the obsessive thoughts.

Also, it's like others have said, you can not expect it to go away so quickly, it takes weeks or months or even years even when you know the 'solution', which you do.

Getting over a fear, certainly one as strong as DPDR, takes a long time and is very very difficult.

But, I know you have a high probability of making it through. As long as you don't give up. Letting it go is the hard part, your mind will heal on itself after, just don't expect results soon (or at all, that's part of letting go).

Good luck!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your right I guess I just hoped that it had stopped I guess now I've switched from being obsessed with it to being obsessed with recovering from it.everyday something is different with how I feel mentally it's driving me insane.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.