Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was being really open for once about what was going on. But I think I scared her one too many times. I think she was weary of the person I've become.
I've lost the love of my life. I wouldn't have if it wasn't for whatever this is. It's cost me everything.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Is she really all that great if she's not sticking with you through thick and thin? You're probably better off, dude. No this is your time to focus on yourself and become an even more awesome dude. One day you'll find a woman who will still love you and show empathy to you no matter what you're going through.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
DP played a major role in my marriage break up...I honestly believe that living with a person with DP is partly like living with an addict...The people around us can end up walking on eggshells....And its actually neither partners fault....Its the conditions fault itself....It causes all kinds of problems from financial right down to sex....It for want of a bettter phrase "F***s relationships up"

Half the time the sufferer cant function and for the other half the partner of the sufferer just simply does not know how to help....It all becomes way too stressful for both sides and can lead to just more stress and heartbreak and emotional suffering..................For both sides its extremely difficult to live with....

Its honestly comparable to an addiction in the way it affects the people involved...The sufferer cannot stop it and the partner cant figure out how to deal with it...

Laying blame is not appropriate on either side when it comes to a condition like this...A DP sufferer needs to be able to see it from the partners side and the partner needs to be able to see it from the sufferers side....This can be and is very very difficult....The result is communication breakdown, lack of understanding and this just leads to resentment and anger.....And when that starts the relationship has become severely damaged and often irrepairable......

Thanks DP for ripping another part of our lives away from us!!!!

·
Registered
818 Posts
I believe part of why DP stays is the fact we are dishonest with who we really are. Your partner should be the one person you can be fully open with and not lie about what you think and feel. Otherwise you are just living in a fantasy land.

I know it must really suck, and you probably wish you didn't say those things. But speaking your truth is one important step towards recovery. Lying to yourself and others really only provokes more anxiety and depression, because you're telling yourself you're ashamed of who you are. Might be an idea to start therapy and build better self esteem and confidence about who you really are

·
Registered
226 Posts
Ive never had a girlfriend in my 17 years of living im almost 18 btw. That must have made your DP so much worse after 6 years with that person and then losing them because of this condition.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts