Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I was on this forum so much the first year or so I had DP/DR and been popping on to read posts every once in a while recently.

But.... I think I am slowly starting to recover now. I have never took any medication for my DP and mine was caused by loads of anxiety, past Trauma resurfacing and a massive panic attack.

My previous symptoms.

Everything feels like a dream/fake/glass viel in front of eyes
Everything looks over saturated and just weird
24/7 Deja vu
Body physically numb
Emotionally numb
Racing thoughts, flashbacks, dream flashbacks and flashes of old memories from years ago that I didn't even remember.
Anxiety, ocd and panic
Agrophobia
Voices and random mind chatter in head
Severe insomnia waking up every hour or getting 4 hours of broken sleep a night.

Recently over the last few weeks I have started sleeping 4-6 hours solid sleep. And I have noticed that my DP is either very low or not there at all. I can feel my anxiety again. I wake up sometimes with that horrible feeling in my stomach of anxiety, I can feel my body again most of the time (when DP was bad I couldn't even feel myself blink or drink anything) my racing thoughts, dream flashbacks and all the mental stuff mentioned has seriously diminished. I no longer have Deja vu 24/7 but still get it very frequently. I can feel emotions again sometimes. I still panic and get very anxious when going outside.

My DR seems to be the only thing that doesn't seem to be changing and it does cause me anxiety still.

But I think I am recovering what do you think?

·
Registered
631 Posts
Do you mean to say deja vu or jamais vu?

Deja vu is when unfamiliar places feel familiar; jamais vu is when familiar places feel unfamiliar.

I ask because jamais vu is common with derealization, but deja vu Is not (and it's a phenomenon that you probably wouldn't describe as feeling "24/7")

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I had 24/7 deja vu felt like everything I seen, did,heard etc absolutely everything felt like I had did it before. Told my physiologist this and was given an explanation as to why it was happening

·
Registered
631 Posts
Really? That's interesting...the first I've heard heard that happening in relation to DP.

It's hard for me to say that you are recovering, but maybe others could be more helpful in that department.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It’s actually quite common with derelization and sleep deprivation. I did a lot of reading on it and found other people like me online

·
Registered
153 Posts
I get both deja vu and jamais vu randomly, usually at least once a day. Also, i think your probably recovering. Ive gone in and out of DP/DR three times over the last 2 and a half years. Sometimes it can just leave you gradually. I think it comes back due to stress. Idk every persons different with dissociation. If your dp/dr is driven by stress, try keeping your anxiety levels lower if you can since it can bring it back again. I look up techniques to reduce anxiety when i get overwhelmed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts