Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had DP/DR for 3 years. Biggest problem is existentialism. I know that if I just ignore the questions, I won't feel anxious and that really works for while, but it doesn't solve the problem. I don't want to just ignore it, I want to be certain of the world again, I don't wanna be scared when I get these thoughts anymore. I wanna be able to believe they're just nonsense and be sure of my existence.

How do I do that? It's been 3 years and I'm still uncertain of my existence.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I know exactly what you mean. Since I've had this problem, it's like my belief system has changed. I didn't believe in magic, I don't want to believe in magic, but sometimes it seems like the only explanation for all this.

All I want is the answer, yet I know I will never find it. I just live in hope that this version of me will disappear, and the old confident person who was sure of himself and what he believed in will return.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know exactly what you mean. Since I've had this problem, it's like my belief system has changed. I didn't believe in magic, I don't want to believe in magic, but sometimes it seems like the only explanation for all this.

All I want is the answer, yet I know I will never find it. I just live in hope that this version of me will disappear, and the old confident person who was sure of himself and what he believed in will return.
This is like the opposite of me. Ever since it happened I feel like nothing is special, there's not magic, no god, nothing. Everything can be explained by science, we're basically like robots.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I've had those thoughts too. It's like I'm a walking contradiction.

When you say you have issues with existentialism, what kind of things? I ask because for me, the existential thoughts are that even the scientific stuff seems too magic to be real. Like how just a thought in our head can make a body part move. You can explain all the science in the world to me about how that happens, yet I cant believe it. It seems too impossible to be true.

That's why I say the belief system has changed, because the old me would accept the science and think it was amazing. Now the existential thinker who I am now thinks, even the science is too magic and doesn't make logical sense.

It makes you feel like you've either turned stupid, transported to an alternate universe, or maybe actually I'm correct now and this all is just a magical simulation which I, the computer programme have created.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts