Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hmmm well... the day i fell into this dazy hazy crazy world of DP/DR was sometime last summer...I'd always had this 'thing' since I was younger..I'd have weird, strange and sometimes subliminal thoughts...i didn't know what it was till at about 14/15 i looked on the net and found out i was suffering with ocd-like symptoms. I lost my father tragically at 15 and this brought a lot of change and adjusting. Also a lot of coping. I'm lucky to have the best mother in the world and brothers. I became more social in the last 3 years and that's when I started smoking a bit of pot. Stupid looking back at it, but at the time it just seemed something to do every now and again.....big big mistake....one day i was at a mates house and couldn't smoke it...so i took a bite of hash...from that moment on i knew something was weird...very weird....i started hallucinating and was scared out of my wits. The next morning i woke up and just felt so stoned...and this continued throughout the day and the feeling kinda stuck. I thought i was going schizo or something....I needed to know what was up so i browsed on the web and came accross many sites that made me reassured i wasn't going completely mad....

I started to seek help and got put on zoloft but this did me no favours cos from that day on I've been having seizures....Still living with the dp/dr and now complex states of mind thanks to the seizures :( I am positive that things will sort out one day...I am determined to get control and get on the right meds, etc......

So that's my story guys...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hmmm well... the day i fell into this dazy hazy crazy world of DP/DR was sometime last summer...I'd always had this 'thing' since I was younger..I'd have weird, strange and sometimes subliminal thoughts...i didn't know what it was till at about 14/15 i looked on the net and found out i was suffering with ocd-like symptoms. I lost my father tragically at 15 and this brought a lot of change and adjusting. Also a lot of coping. I'm lucky to have the best mother in the world and brothers. I became more social in the last 3 years and that's when I started smoking a bit of pot. Stupid looking back at it, but at the time it just seemed something to do every now and again.....big big mistake....one day i was at a mates house and couldn't smoke it...so i took a bite of hash...from that moment on i knew something was weird...very weird....i started hallucinating and was scared out of my wits. The next morning i woke up and just felt so stoned...and this continued throughout the day and the feeling kinda stuck. I thought i was going schizo or something....I needed to know what was up so i browsed on the web and came accross many sites that made me reassured i wasn't going completely mad....

I started to seek help and got put on zoloft but this did me no favours cos from that day on I've been having seizures....Still living with the dp/dr and now complex states of mind thanks to the seizures :( I am positive that things will sort out one day...I am determined to get control and get on the right meds, etc......

So that's my story guys...

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Hi Darkenedroses,

I see your post was from October 2nd. I am wondering if you are still having your seisures?

I really admire your determination and hope you are continuing to work on finding something that works for you.

The very best of wishes,
terri*

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had seizures too with dp/dr due to smoking pot and panic attacks and the seizures lasted more than 2 years but now they went completely away. Hope this helps.

InuYasha!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi there :)

thanks for the supporting words :) It has been very hard but still keepin' strong :) Yep i'm still having seizures :( Am seeing a neuro so I'm on the road to getting there, i know there'll be the ups and downs but i hope it'll ease up....

Take care and hope everything is going ok xxxxx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts