Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
I wanna go to the movies and watch a movie but dont know if i can while depersonalized. Anybody went to the movies and was calm and just watched the movie and walked out without any panic?

·
Registered
631 Posts
Well, I have done it before, yes, many times, in fact. Problem with movies is that it already feels like I'm walking around in a movie, so the feeling get some magnified. Plus, the large screen combined with the darkness of the theater is just usually too intense for me.

There are a lot of reasons why I can't go to the theater anymore, most of them the same as why I can't make it down to the corner store or even shower many days.

If your symptoms aren't too severe, it will probably be fine. But only you can say what you feel like. How are you watching movies on a flat screen in the dark at home? If you have no problems with that, you probably won't have problems in a theater, though the price of a ticket nowadays might lead a person to panic ;)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Even when I was quite well coming out of the theatre wold trigger severe DR, at the time I could remain calm and it would reduce over the next few hours. Couldn't possible manage it now though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts