Depersonalization Support Forum banner

that robot feeling.

Tags
crazy dp dr robot
2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Aerin 
#1 ·
Im so fucking mad right now, and I dont fully know why. I think that its because after having endured all the things I have because of DP DR for the past 18 months Id like to believe it has been nothing more than just that DP/DR, not psychosis. I have read all of the posts from others relating to ideas of feeling as if/ seemed like other people were robots. And the more i read the more I think mine were nothing like these. I first had a thought "what if my teacher is a robot" and from there, it was as if they looked like robots. Obviously this is fucking madness, but this what if turned into what seemed like reality with everyone in the world. Even when I would tell my best friend he said i wasnt crazy, like the thoughts were weird, but i wasnt acting like i believed them or to him I hadnt lost my sanity, in fact none of the psychologists I have been to have said that, yet all the madness and ideas/ images, imagination that goes in my head would lead anyone to believe that the case is of lunacy. I have had ideas that "what if people are made in like a factory if theyre robots" and its like an image that goes in my head. Like if people were made of metal or some shit, I don't know the ideas have been endless. I feel like if a science fiction writer thought of this, he'd be like "SWEET IDEA" but for me, it is torture, cause i FEEL like a part of me believes it, and for so long i dave tried to not fall into the trap of it. Obviously its fucking crazy, but the fact that right after i think, "but what if" and its gets so much power just fucking infuriates me. If i focus reallly hard on how i felt when it was at its absolutely worst I can being myself back to, and its like this hyper-awareness of my consciousness and no one elses, theres no one but me, coupled with these thoughts, or sensations. I feel like no one else has experienced these ideas like I have, and it leads me to believe that even if I have sufered from DP/DR, I might have also been dealing with delusions or something.

Anyway I hope someone has some insight into this. Much love to everyone who is on this site reading this stuff. I hope you get through your struggles.

See less See more
#2 ·
I had all those thoughts and immaginations also and those specific ruminations are gone for me. I just knew deep down what was right (I remembered how I thought about that issue before my DP, and what I thought is that humans are not robots. We are humans, and I tried to remember how I felt about that when I was OK before DP, because that was my safezone). The question of human being a machine was very discussed on the 17th century philosophy and it's now dead.

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
'Like robots' is definitely one of those things that can easily be taken the wrong way by other people.
With DP, it generally refers to the insight into just how mechanically the mind works. It's like having an overview into the thought process that you didn't before, and being able to observe all these little (or not so little) action - reaction chains. 'Oh, that collection of shapes 'down' there is causing this other section of the brain over there to be 'on', which results in emotion XYZ - now my (or hell 'the') attention has been drawn to this activity which would have normally just caused me to feel XYZ and react by doing 'insert response here'. Except with this weird bird's eye view though you can clearly 'see' not just the choice/path 'you' would have gone before, but there are thousands of other paths. 'You' are viewing the old 'you' (making you feel like you aren't you), and also getting insight into 'oh, isn't that cute, it's kind of an Internet with fairly basic physical laws and people (the old me and most others) just usually travel around in it following the paths/channels of least resistance carved by experience and habit...lolheeheehahahoho'.
So, by 'like robots', it's generally meant '#%^* people's brains work so predictably mechanically'. It's not the suspicion or belief that people have been replaced by robots.

#4 ·
I had all those thoughts and immaginations also and those specific ruminations are gone for me. I just knew deep down what was right (I remembered how I thought about that issue before my DP, and what I thought is that humans are not robots. We are humans, and I tried to remember how I felt about that when I was OK before DP, because that was my safezone). The question of human being a machine was very discussed on the 17th century philosophy and it's now dead.
So.. you're saying I'm okay?

So, by 'like robots', it's generally meant '#%^* people's brains work so predictably mechanically'. It's not the suspicion or belief that people have been replaced by robots.
I appreciate you input but i feel ike i got no response.

#5 ·
So.. you're saying I'm okay?

I appreciate you input but i feel ike i got no response.
If you mean about whether the idea of people being replaced by robots is delusional, I would say no - not *just* because the thought is intrusive. If you were delusional or psychotic you wouldn't be asking other people if the idea was delusional because you wouldn't doubt that it was true. It sounds like a compulsive intrusive thought rather than DP (though I can relate with hyper awareness of everything being in your head making you question 'where' everyone else is). Either way it almost certainly isn't psychosis, because 99.999% of the time people suffering from psychosis don't cross check their ideas with other people for opinions as to whether they are delusional.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.