Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My latest obsession!

I don't know how to put this whilst making sense. Let's give it a go. So I keep thinking about how no matter what, technology seems to keep on improving. Like how a phone used to be through wires, then they were handheld, then they had screens, then they had touch screens, then eventually they'll be literally just a projection or something.

It seems impossible to me that this can just keep on going. Surely it will reach a stopping point? If it can't reach a stopping point and the possibilities are endless, surely I must just be imagining all of this? The fact that some things don't seem impossible is scaring me. Like the idea that anything we imagine can eventually be created despite what science tells us doesn't sit right. That just fuels my ideas that everything I see, I am just creating with my mind.

Dunno if that made any sense.

·
Registered
Drummer, Sound Engineer, Music
979 Posts
While the topic is interesting, you are thinking externally, it's the impossible infinity that is scaring you.

This is the essentially the exact same as an existential crisis, while for most it's earth, existence, for you it's technology, it's basically your anxiety running wild, playing a loop and worrying about an outcome that you won't know the answer to or be able to change the outcome... IE. It's a waste of time giving it any more time thinking about it, distract, distract, distract.. until the record changes and you don't need to even distract.

https://www.quora.com/I-am-having-an-existential-crisis-The-realization-of-my-mortality-insignificance-and-imminent-death-has-me-paralyzed-I-am-in-graduate-school-What-do-I-do

That link explains it well

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
It seems impossible to me that this can just keep on going. Surely it will reach a stopping point? If it can't reach a stopping point and the possibilities are endless, surely I must just be imagining all of this? The fact that some things don't seem impossible is scaring me. Like the idea that anything we imagine can eventually be created despite what science tells us doesn't sit right. That just fuels my ideas that everything I see, I am just creating with my mind.
Everything that we create is based on prexisting science.

All the technology that we see today - and all that we will see - will have to be built by the laws of science. While we imagine intricate things in our heads, they still have to maintain some hook in reality. In theory, there will have to be a stopping point somewhere. There are things that are legitimately impossible and technology can only go so far before we hit a wall. The possibilities aren't endless, they just feel that way because we're admittedly really far behind what we can accomplish with technology.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts