Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am going to see my doctor (GP) tomorrow to explain how i am doing (i have not seen him in ages)...

in my family there are a lot of heart and lung problems as well as liver and kidney disease...

so i am wanting to ask him if i could get as much as me checked out as possible...

but as i have an anxiety problem...he says that i am just over reacting and that there is nothing physically wrong and so do not need tests done...

but i am not wanting these things checked out because i honestly think i have something wrong! i do not think there is anything wrong with me physically or mentally....i think it is all just obsessional thinking and anxiety too...

but getting it all checked out would settle my mind into understanding it is all anxiety based and might help a bit...my mum wants me to get checked out as our family health history is not good at all....

but i am not sure what to say to him as everytime i ask him if i can have myself checked out...he just says i am worrying about nothing...

what can i say?

any comments and suggestions welcome...thank you :)

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you very much for your post gfunk...and to be honest...what you have said is what i have said to myself...

this is a genuine health worry and not to do with the dp/dr...i know there is nothing physically wrong causing the dp/dr....

it is hard to explain what i really mean but this is not a "i am so paniced i think i am going to die i think i have a serious illness" reaction to get tested...lol

it is purely because alot of my family were diagnosed with things really late and i have a high chance of the same things...

i just want to be checked out...that is all...if i did not have anxiety probs i still think i would do it....

a lot of what i have just written is not what i really mean but i cannot get the words right haha

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.