Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone.
So I'm coming to terms with having this and though things are cloudy I have blackouts everything seems so intensified I was sitting here thinking, we should take advantage of this if anything!

So stuff is distorted and feels wierd because of our heightened senses, correct?
Why not try to paint, even paint about dr because we know how hard it is to get our kind off of it, turn the negative into the positive and try doing some art, it would feel so great to put all of our thoughts into a painting, explaining it and doing art at the same time and maybe you don't have to paint about it in a bad way.
I'm thinking of starting off with scribbles forming a brain, then each scribble is going to point in a different spot on the canvas and there will be a memory of my day/ life whatever there. But I'm going to put it in a positive manner like fishing in one, painting my hammock on my tree with a book next to it on another, painting characters from my favorite video game, just painting everything positive going through my head. Art is therapeutic and I think it could help a lot of people on here.
Just an idea!

Thoughts or comments, ideas?
All much appreciated

Reactions: Phantasm

·
Registered
978 Posts
Many artists have used it, Comfortable Numb - Pink Flyod seems to describe it and Numb - Linking Park and Basket Case - Green Day were both 100% about DP, so yeah totally, state of mind, used to create thousands of listeners! That's just of the top of my mind, also I have seen Green Day and Billie Joe Armstrong does not strike me for a second as still DP'd, he talked about it in the early 90's, but it seems to have very much faded or gone, he is full of emotion. I agree though and i am certain many Artists have used it to their advantage!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many artists have used it, Comfortable Numb - Pink Flyod seems to describe it and Numb - Linking Park and Basket Case - Green Day were both 100% about DP, so yeah totally, state of mind, used to create thousands of listeners! That's just of the top of my mind, also I have seen Green Day and Billie Joe Armstrong does not strike me for a second as still DP'd, he talked about it in the early 90's, but it seems to have very much faded or gone, he is full of emotion. I agree though and i am certain many Artists have used it to their advantage!
That's all great information I'll have to check those out! Thank you! I'm going to be working on some stuff and I'll be posting it on here too. Feel free to share anything you do too

1 - 3 of 3 Posts