Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay has anyone had symptoms were they felt paranoid like u were high and people's faces looked foggy and did anyone feel like there hands looked big then looked small.? I just look at things and get all tripped out

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Nobody knows how long their DP is gonna last...

Could be a week, could be a month, could be a year...

Simple because everybody is different and recovers differently at different paces...

It also depends on the level of DP you are experiencing...

The good news is that it will improve or go away (either with or without medicine)

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just got off the phone with a cognitive behavioral therapist. She knew everything i was talking about really helped. She told me the distortion was common when someone panics and alters the air to co2 ratio in their brain. She said worrying will make them worse

·
Registered
176 Posts
Okay has anyone had symptoms were they felt paranoid like u were high and people's faces looked foggy and did anyone feel like there hands looked big then looked small.? I just look at things and get all tripped out
Glad I'm not the only one who thought of dp is like feeling high. I feel like im in matrix world or sth. Sometimes, I force myself to come down to earth which works but only for 2 seconds. I don't have the feeling of body looking weird but I did have that when I came off Paxil years ago. That shit was even more scary.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I just got off the phone with a cognitive behavioral therapist. She knew everything i was talking about really helped. She told me the distortion was common when someone panics and alters the air to co2 ratio in their brain. She said worrying will make them worse
You're lucky. I want to go to therapy but no therapist in my area understands what dp is. Psychiatrist don't understand it either. Their silence kills me.and that's why I stopped mentioning it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Are you getting any better? I’m in the midst of panicking/ freaking out almost 24/7 it’s really getting to me right now. I can’t go out and do things because I don’t feel real. I just feel alone and scared as shit

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very slowly kinda like i have all the same symtoms but just a lil bit less n less they become i just regret ever touching weed i feel like a failure and so stupid for doing it ive never felt this down in my whole life..:(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts