Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DR has been getting worse, and when I have it, it is such a horrible experience. Everything seems so fake and unreal. It scares me so badly. I'm sure that a lot of people here have this, but I would feel a lot better if anyone responded to this and said that they had these kinds of symptoms. Also, for most of you, is your DP chronic or in long episodes?

·
Registered
440 Posts
My Dp/DR is chronic. I also have these feelings all the time. Things seem unreal to me and things look and mostly feel odd. This is normal for this anxiety state. Let these feelings happen and try not to give them the credit they want, and they should disappear. I've gotten rid of it before, so I know it will go away again.

I HAVE indeed read success stories from people with DP/DR. You probably don't see them on here because the people who no longer have it are either afraid if they think about it that it will come back or that they don't even think about it anymore. WE CAN OVERCOME THIS PEOPLE! We must believe we can before it can happen! And one day of positive thinking and using coping skills will not work! You must actually believe in it because all these other people who beat it did not beat it by worrying it away. I am not free of it but I am beginning to believe I can be free. It just might take some time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts