Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may not be related to dpdr at all, i have no idea since it could be a neurological or something else going on with me. But if anyone else gets this too, itd at least tell me im not alone in this.
So basically, out of nowhere and usually when ive been laying down, my mouth will fill with saliva as it naturally should except, suddenly it all tastes sweet to me. This taste will last only a couple minutes and then go away. This isnt caused by eating something before that. It happened just a bit ago and i havent had anything to eat for a few hours. I get this maybe once or twice a week so its not something im all that worried about but i want to know if its normal i guess.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
An unusual smell or taste can be something now called a FAS, or focal aware seizure. I've had the experience but it has been decades ago.

My tastes were more of burnt rubber, or metallic in nature. If you google a bit about focal temporal lobe seizures and auras, you should

find any relevant information. You don't have to fall out with a TLS. I can have one next to you, and you might not notice.

Every time someone mentions "panic attack" on this forum, I'm thinking TLS?

·
Registered
818 Posts
I would say primarily you may just be hyper aware of things which is common, such as eye floaters etc.

But second to this, ketones have a sweet taste/odour. This can be a sign of a high fat low carb diet, but can also be a sign of type 2 diabetes. I think this is unlikely though and don't want to worry you. It is most probably nothing

1 - 3 of 3 Posts