Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
2,710 Posts
Joe - for someone who's been pumped full of benzo's and all sorts of other powerful shit, I doubt if normal levels sugar are going to cause the symptoms you describe, unless, as mentioned above, you are hyperglycemic.

I know the temptation is always to leap to psychiatry, but I think you could be right when you mention possible psychosomatic anticipatory anxiety. I gave up Coffee for a while because I had read that it makes anxious people worse, which of course might be the case, but I then realised that I'd been drinking Red Bull (about 16 cups of coffee in a can!) for months without any exacerbation in anxiety, and I've gone back to drinking coffee without any problems at all. Tis all in the mind, a wise man once said. That's why I'm loathe to indulge miraculous vitmain or dietry 'cures'....it's usually just a minor part of the story. A healthy diet is of course important for healthy mental health...disclaimer etc.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.