Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I became derealized back in January and suffered with the visual effects for about two months. While I now physically see the world as I used to, all of my dpdr thoughts still remain. I spend 100% of my day thinking about if other people are real, if I’m in a simulation, and how to feel calm again. I have breakdowns every other day and I’ve gotten to the point of considering suicide because I have become so convinced that I’m alone in this universe. I’ve read about others struggling with this. I’m just looking for some kind of advice or insight because I’m too scared to die but also scared of living my life alone with “people” around me. Thank you.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Keep powering through. Ive been in the same exact place. Dont worry, everyone else is real.
If you want someone to talk to whos gone through this, you can pm me.
If not, heres some things that helped me:
One, you cant control this world. If you were the only entity, you should be able to control things but you obviously cant and there are other forces and other wills at play around you.
Two, if you were alone, theres no reason you wouldnt have known this prior to now and always knew it and would have memories of being some eternal alone being which obviously is not the case.
I promise you the world and other people are real. Just hang in there, it gets easier with time and eventually you will think normally again.

·
Registered
34 Posts
When i suffered from DP something that gave me comfort was thinking that in spite of all my obsessive thinking and fears that the whole reality was going to collapse around me, the world outside me never for a single moment stopped making sense (for good and for bad) and working along the same rules that I learned since I was boy.

As for solipsism, what do you care whether the world is "real" or not. It's just semantics. What does even "real" mean in this context? The world certainly looks as if it's "real" so go along with it.

Hang in there, try to live your normal life as if you were OK, don't avoid things, accept that you're going to feel rotten for a long time, but I promise you that, very slowly, you'll get better. You're stronger than you know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts