Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
DPSH DONATOR
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night when I was about to go to bed I started to get a weird numb feeling. Then I got the weird adrenaline rush you get on roller coaster has anyone had this or know what this is.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I can relate to the adrenaline thing; I would explain mine a bit more like feeling 'manic' though. After about 20 minutes of losing my sense of self, time, space, etc (just a really bad episode of DP), I get really anxious, just hyper, and I can't stop talking or smiling or walking around. One time this happened at school, and I bought everyone lunch because I was in one of these moods. About an hour later I felt numb and completely 'depersonalizaed' and lost my grip on reality again, and could barely complete the rest of my classes for the day.

·
DPSH DONATOR
14 Posts
I can relate to the adrenaline thing; I would explain mine a bit more like feeling 'manic' though. After about 20 minutes of losing my sense of self, time, space, etc (just a really bad episode of DP), I get really anxious, just hyper, and I can't stop talking or smiling or walking around. One time this happened at school, and I bought everyone lunch because I was in one of these moods. About an hour later I felt numb and completely 'depersonalizaed' and lost my grip on reality again, and could barely complete the rest of my classes for the day.
I think that is called Euphoria over happiness (well the "anxious, just hyper, and I can't stop talking or smiling or walking around.")

·
Registered
146 Posts
i had this a few times a few months ago, and again a week ago. I'm asuming its something to do with your brain alerting you thinking there is some threat (even though there isn't one) and just anxiety really.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts