Depersonalization Support Forum banner

Struck By Cold!

763 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Tom Servo 
G
#1 ·
Well what a nightmare, was out with a friend yesterday who had a cold/sore throat etc, I seem to have caught it! BUGGER! this is so annoying, because I feel EXTRA detached from everything now, is it the cold? the DR? ARRRG I'm all over the place, these next couple of days are going to be shitty for me I think, because the flu type symptoms will stop me doing many of the things that I have been doing to help keep Depression at bay, training at the gym etc, Playing music with my band etc

anybody else found that when they have fallen ill with a cold/flu type thing they have felt even more detached form surroundings/reality!?

I'm so confused at the minute I'm all over the place, I feel like I am barely conscious/here/awake etc

#2 ·
Yes! Same thing happens to me. I guess maybe cuz we are weaker we are less able to deal with it. I usually take Nyquil to knock me out. But I think that makes it worse for some people. And I do have some crazy dreams on Nyquil. Am I even spelling that right...

Drink lots of orange juice and eat lots of chicken noodle soup. Unless you're puking... then I would eat crackers and drink ginger ale. Not that I'm a doctor... just some suggestions for ya.

G
#3 ·
Hey dude, ye im not puking or anything, just sore throat, headache, runny nose, feeling run down etc, basic cold/flu type symptoms, just seems that the DR state is worse at the moment and I was wondering if thats normal when feeling ill :(

#5 ·
Ahh I'm really afraid of catching anything...I wouldn't be able to handle it. Get well! Actually there was a period of time, very short, where I /felt/ like I had a cold (don't know if I really did, maybe it was just a bit of a stuffy nose), and I actually felt better. It was very strange. But it might have been just anxiety symptoms or something.

G
#6 ·
Hola,
Yup...same here, if I catch a cold, I'm gone for a day or two. What makes it even WORSE....trying to take anthing FOR A COLD! Any kind of anti-histimine, Benadryl etc...really send me into orbit with DP! So good luck and I wish you well.

Tony

#7 ·
Yup, me too. I have a cold right now that has blocked my right ear. It throws my balance off, making me dizzy, an of course I assume it's a sign that I'm getting worse again.

As if the cold wasn't annoying enough, I'm also on my 12th day of lamotrigine, which lists "flu-like symptoms" as a sigh that death is just around the corner. I suppose that means I should stop taking it, but to hell with that. My wife, daughter, and half the people in my office all have had these exact same symptoms recently, so for now anyway it's damn the torpedos, full speed ahead.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.