Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this thing where i’ll go to a place and I’ll feel a strong “vibe”, it’s so hard to explain so I just label it a “vibe” and it’ll be an uncomfortable feeling which my mind will associate to and every time I go to that place I’ll feel that feeling again... even with like a game i was playing it gave me a weird feeling and now every time I play it, I get that feeling... can anyone relate? it’s like my mind is overly sensitive/analytical... the best way I can describe it, is like when you go to your high school and you get that “high school feeling or morning feeling” kinda like a memory sensation... idk, but I’ve had this before and it kinda died down, but it always seems to come back when I’m derealized...

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Deja Vu and Jamais Vu could be described as "vibes". They are feelings caused by aberrant electrical activity in the brain. They are epileptic phenomena.

These vibes are more random and less predictable. Ever had an EEG? I did. It showed I had a history of epilepsy without even knowing it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Deja Vu and Jamais Vu could be described as "vibes". They are feelings caused by aberrant electrical activity in the brain. They are epileptic phenomena.
These vibes are more random and less predictable. Ever had an EEG? I did. It showed I had a history of epilepsy without even knowing it.
omg thank you for replying! I didn't know there was a name for this... is there any connection to dp and dr or anxiety? and no, I haven't had a EEG... should I get checked?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the thing is I’ve had deja vu before but it doesn’t feel like what I’m describing... because i don’t go to that place and feel like I’ve been there before... it’s similar because it’s a feeling like that, but to me it’s like my mind is extra emotional and it attaches whatever I’m feeling towards that place/thing... it’s like a mini trauma...

·
Registered
171 Posts
i have the exact same thing! every place has a feeling to me. i call them "stains". its almost like a sixth sense, and its pretty much indescribable. vibe is probably the best way to put it. I've had this my whole life but it got much much more intense after i got derealization, to the point where i didn't want to go to certain places because they would "stain my brain" too much.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I'm just suggesting "vibes" might be similar to the feelings of deja vu and jamais vu. Is epileptic activity associated with anxiety, dp and dr? So, epilepsy is defined as an illness where someone has had more than one seizure.

But, I can tell you there is a lot more to some epileptic syndromes than simple seizures. My syndrome came with major depression, anxiety, insomnia, dp/dr and the whole pandora's box of psych symptoms. I wouldn't say

I was ever psychotic, but if you go without sleep for long periods, you get about as close as you can get without being there.

When someone asks me if they should get an EEG, I think back to the time when I didn't know I was epileptic. I didn't know the whole shebang of symptoms could be explained by one simple test.

I wonder if I would have accepted the advice to get one? It took me 40 years to realize for myself, that I needed one. I could have saved a lot of my life..

·
Registered
11 Posts
i get this all the time! definitely becomes much moreprominent when i'm dissociated. it usually associates with places, songs, smells, tastes, times and people. it isn't nostalgic or anything, just the "vibe", and none of these vibes ever feel pleasant. they don't really correlate to the event, eg a really happy song can be associated with a sad vibe for no real reason. i usually feel kinda empty and sad when i get them, and if i get reminded of one of these vibes (for example by going to a place again), i feel almost like i'm reliving the experience that the vibe is associated with. i never thought of it as trauma before, but that's a good way to put it, @cartierx. it's nice to know that it isn't just me who's had this experience, it's kind of eerie to see other people have had almost this exact same niche experience.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts