Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a strange OCD obsession right now and I need help.
So I have OCD and I suspect I have depersonlization disorder as well and I am having a really strange and nonsensical philosophical obsession right now that I am unable to shake and it's driving me insane.

I had a thought earlier today that the reason why there is conflict in the world is because people had different personalities. If everyone had the same personality and likes and dislikes there would be world peace. My brain took this line of logic and now I can't help but think that differing personalities are the root of all evil and being a different person from everyone else a bad thing. Now I have this narcissistic obsession that everyone else is bad for not thinking the way I think makes them bad people because no one should have a different personality than me. And there should be no differences in preferences too because my brain will think if something is good for me than it is good for everyone. If I like eating chicken then everyone else should like it too etc etc.

Now I can't look at other people now without these thouhts running through my head and it makes me want to cry because I know this thoughts are bad thoughts and I try to ignore them but the logic seems sound to me and I unable to explain why I think it is a bad idea other than it feels wrong to me. I knowill it makes me seem like some narcissistic asshole but I can't stop the thoughts or find out why it is a bad idea anyway. Can someone please give me a reality check?

·
Registered
445 Posts
dont worry . trust me I had (and still have sometimes) the most disturbing thoughts you can imagine ! I thought I am going insane and that I am a bad person etc. . but it gets a lot better with time . I dont have much of it anymore ...at least not at this moment . 2018 was HORRIBLE for me for example and now 2019 is a lot better (like 75% )

just try to think that nobody is perfect and that we are all just humans . because this is the truth . and if we were all the same then it would be boring . also you have the right to decide with which kind of people you want to hang out with and who you want to be friends with . you dont need to be friends with people who you dont like .

·
Registered
445 Posts
If everyone thought the same there would be no advancement, no humour, absolutely nothing of interest going on anywhere ever. No attraction, no love. Differing personalities might be the source of SOME evil but also attempts to stamp on the individual and introduce heterogenous thought like communism have caused a lot of evil. I also subscribe to the beleif that humans only thrive in situations of conflict and were not actually built for this concept of peace on a genetic level, a fact which plays out on a micro and macro level daily

·
Registered
343 Posts
thought like communism have caused a lot of evil.
There's nothing inherently evil about communism, if everyone actually played by its rules and selflessly co-operated towards the common good. It's humans being too selfish to make communism work in practice, but the idea itself is anything but evil. It's the ultimate equality, the polar opposite of capitalism, where the top 1% ends up owning some absurd share of a nation's wealth like 50%, and yet it's never enough. It's only fair, right? There's no such thing as luck in life; everyone is what he makes of himself! Every man for himself! Nevermind the fact that free will doesn't even exist, and life is wholly a game of luck, 100%.

Communism could actually be a viable way to tackle climate change because consumption per capita could be controlled, and the rich couldn't freely pollute the planet into oblivion with their overconsumption.

·
Registered
445 Posts
communism can simply not work because people are different naturally . it is utopia

we even have natural racial and cultural differences (even if people dont like to hear this fact) which make it very difficult to apply communism. let alone individual differences on top of it within a population

·
Registered
343 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
it will be evil as soon as you get silenced or even jailed for pointing out that you have worked harder than the other guy and that he is a fucking dumbass but gets the same paycheck as you
Hence I said that it won't work due to selfishness. People are motivated by selfish desires, not selfless co-operation, which also leads to corruption. I can more realistically see communism working on a smaller scale, but yeah, on a national scale it's problematic due to these reasons.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Hence I said that it won't work due to selfishness. People are motivated by selfish desires, not selfless co-operation, which also leads to corruption. I can more realistically see communism working on a smaller scale, but yeah, on a national scale it's problematic due to these reasons.
but it is not selfishness . or lets say ...not only

when I am more intelligent and use that intelligence to help making the country move further ... or if I work harder than the other guy then I should get paid more than him

also if someone tells me that a barber and a surgeon should get paid the same then I can not take that person much serious .

my father is communist btw. . and he also argues using "but we all equal . we all human" or similar sentences etc. ..and guess what ...he always beat my mom and has been horrible to us in many ways ruining our lives . he is mentally ill that is also a reason why he did do the things he did but he is a raging idiot in general . oh and before I forget ....when I was dating a black (well half black) girl he was asking me why I do that and why I dont date a white girl ....just lol

but I hate people in general (I am not talking about you btw) who act as if they are good people and have such high morals etc. and have their ideologies which they think will support their so called moral values .... but on a personal level they are are often idiots and do all kind of bad stuff . and their idelogies often are unrealistic to begin with but thats another issue ....

and no I am not against communism because of my father aka "well he has bad experiences with his father who is communist so it is understandable that he is against communism" ...no that is not the case

·
Registered
445 Posts
Theres nothing inherantly evil in what Karl Marx was saying but communist regimes are some of the bloodiest and dysfunctional in human history because its anti human nature, it has never, will never work.

Also, look at a map of national contributions to world pollution you'll quickly realise the remaining communist regimes like china are bang top of the list. Solution to nothing. Should have died in the 20th century where it belonged

·
Registered
343 Posts
Theres nothing inherantly evil in what Karl Marx was saying but communist regimes are some of the bloodiest and dysfunctional in human history because its anti human nature, it has never, will never work.
Yeah, pretty much. That's the point I was making all along, that it's a rather benevolent idea, but it's applications have been failures.

Reactions: Al_pk
1 - 11 of 11 Posts