Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I close my eyes, I feel like everything in front of me does not exist, like it's not really there, it's just a void. I know it is there but in my minds eye it's not. Hmm, rather strange, anyone else have this? is it dp or dr?

Thanks

·
Registered
343 Posts
No. I can picture quite easily what's in front of me after closing my eyes, and it doesn't feel like it's disappearing anywhere.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Dp/dr have many weird symptoms and it make everyone who have it asking about the symptoms that they have .. and everyone experiencing different symptoms.
I was experiencing alot of weird symptoms in my begging but alot of my symptoms goes away by time .. i think i experience something similar to your experience
I hope this is help you

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have this. When i close my eyes i feel like im nowhere. Rationally I know where I am but the "feeling" is like an empty void. Ive also found I can imagine myself in different places and feel 95% like im really there if my eyes are closed. Think this is more of a derealization thung

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have this. When i close my eyes i feel like im nowhere. Rationally I know where I am but the "feeling" is like an empty void. Ive also found I can imagine myself in different places and feel 95% like im really there if my eyes are closed. Think this is more of a derealization thung
Thank God I've been searching for this symptom for weeks!
It's one of the most annoying symptoms

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an opposite effect, when i close my eyes my mind just captures that moment and its like i can see everything as if my eyes were open.

Ive also found I can imagine myself in different places and feel 95% like im really there if my eyes are closed. Think this is more of a derealization thung
Thats sounds like an amazing feeling.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
When I close my eyes, I feel like everything in front of me does not exist, like it's not really there, it's just a void. I know it is there but in my minds eye it's not. Hmm, rather strange, anyone else have this? is it dp or dr?

Thanks
Yup i hear ya!

In fact when I close my eyes my inner mind becomes the dominant part of my mind...My normal outer mind everyday awareness seems to vanish almost...

I just read that back to myself and thought "If I told that to a normal person they would wanna lock me up" LOL

Im actually convinced DP is by a mile the strangest psychological condition any human could ever experience without completely having lost their marbles..Its kinda like the reverse of psychosis...Internally you feel completely nuts but externally to everybody else you seem quite sane and normal...With psychosis you internally dont believe anything is wrong but to the outside world your bonkers...

The DP mind boggles LOL

·
Registered
11 Posts
how weird - i've had this thing all my life! it can be annoying though, and very disorientating. i used to play around with it when i was younger, but i never realised it was abnormal. thats very interesting, i wonder how it works?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts