Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently tried Xanax recreationally to see how it effected me and to see if it would take away any dp/dr feeling. But I now have had this strange feeling like somethings off for the past 3 days. I have been forgetting when things happened. For example, something i thought happened this school year happened last year or vise versa. A new symptom also that appeared was that I am forgetting simple things like what goes where. Example: I forgot that water gets poured down a sink and that the dish goes in the washer and almost poured my water in the wrong place but caught myself before doing it.

Please tell me if you have experienced any symptoms like this it would really make me feel better knowing im not becoming stupid or dumb and that it just Dp/Dr.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Hey
Yes ive had this ever since i got dp dr the same as you say it's quiet scary isn't it !
It's like I for a moment forget to do learned things it can take my brain a few moments to figure it out, i belive its part of having brain fog from stress .
I've never mentioned this symptom as i rather forget about it because when it's happened i get pretty freaked out .
I find it happens more if I'm tied and had lots of stress .

·
Registered
73 Posts
People who use Xanax for an extended period of time can experience long-term side effects. One of the common long-term side effects is memory impairment. While the impairment is mild and it mostly affects your short-term memory, it can impart a lasting effect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts