Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I have been suffering with persistent DPDr for about 2 months now since taking MDA once. sometimes I notice that I don't just feel strange, but I literally feel like a different person. I don't change my demeanor and other people can't notice, but I feel separated from my normal personality to the point of feeling like I'm a different person. Everything, including my own mind, feels just different and foreign, like there's someone else in there, but I don't have any distinct, multiple personalities that I actually portray. This foreign feeling is relatively unspecific and to the best of my understanding, is different every time. Memories and understanding of personal relations to things are stifled, and just the way I perceive reality feels like it's coming from an unfamiliar angle. Could this be developing DID, or just part of persisting, constant DPDR?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Those sound like classic DP symptoms I went through myself. Like when my brain was thinking it didnt feel like I was the one doing the internal monologues. I felt like a stranger in the mirror too and avoided them. That's the literal definition of depersonalization: the breakdown of the sense of self. I also experienced serious emotional disconnect from those close to me as well as my own memories.

Reactions: Hellome
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.