Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i've been on an ssri for over a month now and am going to the gp in a couple of hours when i'm going to say i think i need to up the dose. i've a couple of questions which up until now i would have relied on joe to answerbut i dont think he's answering ssri questions at the minute.

firstly, i had a really hard time getting on the dose i'm on (50mg a day zoloft) and so i know i need to increase the dose slowly. if the gp increases the dose to 100mg a day (which he is likely to do) probably 2 50 mg pills how can i do it slowly? is it a good idea to take 50mg 2 or 3 hours earlier each day to increase it?

secondly whenever/if ever i decide to come off zoloft does it follow that because i had such bad side effects getting on it that i'll be one of the people who has a hard time coming off it.

i really would appreciate some advice here

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok i've been on an ssri for over a month now and am going to the gp in a couple of hours when i'm going to say i think i need to up the dose. i've a couple of questions which up until now i would have relied on joe to answerbut i dont think he's answering ssri questions at the minute.

firstly, i had a really hard time getting on the dose i'm on (50mg a day zoloft) and so i know i need to increase the dose slowly. if the gp increases the dose to 100mg a day (which he is likely to do) probably 2 50 mg pills how can i do it slowly? is it a good idea to take 50mg 2 or 3 hours earlier each day to increase it?

secondly whenever/if ever i decide to come off zoloft does it follow that because i had such bad side effects getting on it that i'll be one of the people who has a hard time coming off it.

i really would appreciate some advice here

1 - 2 of 2 Posts