Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i came across this online writen by someone who replied to someone elses post about depersonalization...

"Here is the understanding I came to myself of "depersonalization" or "unreality" and I never suffered from it again. Have you ever said the name of an object over and over and over again until it sounds strange? I have done it with the word "spoon" before. One time it just sounded strange as I looked at the spoon. I said it over and over again aloud until it just seemed strange. Did I know what a spoon was? Of course. The repeated introspection of the name just made it sound weird. That is exactly what you are doing to yourself. Your repeated introspection is making you feel strange. That's all. Get involved in taking your attention away from yourself. But hopefully this very simple explanation will work for you!"

just thought i would share it.

:)

· Registered
816 Posts
Did I know what a spoon was? Of course. The repeated introspection of the name just made it sound weird. That is exactly what you are doing to yourself. Your repeated introspection is making you feel strange.
I believe my dp is largely caused by me staring at a mirror every time I was stoned out of my head , and the mirror turned into like a tunnel and it was like I was getting to much input, my head started to feel like it was going to blow up etc etc, I think this was due to too much introspection of my self, which has the the effect of losing my sense of self, i just feel like im playing a part and I have all these werid memories ursufacing of other dimesions and planets and stuff, its way confusing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.