Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people!

So basically I want to hear what you have experienced about specific situations or locations that makes your dpdr go bananas.

I often get bad derealization when I am in areas with patterns on the floor or walls. Stripes are the worst, like bright wooden floor with dark lines in-between the boards for example. Also in big halls with high roof and much space.

Please share your experiences.
Thanks.

·
Registered
821 Posts
High altitude and low altitude. The rain doesn't help. The sun neither. Night time isn't great. Then theres when I'm in water. Or dry. When I'm tired... actually wide awake as well... basically 24/7, maybe social situations make it a tad worse but it's always there

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for the replies!
It's hell when it is intense 24/7 but I got out of that complete void for now, hope you will find a way out aswell.
If any of you want to elaborate why you think it triggers the feelings to intensify this can get very interesting. So here I go with the patterns.

Patterns makes me se negatives of the pattern in the pattern (afterimage) that kind of creates a contrast that "light up" almost. I move my eyes and it is impossible to try to ignore when the wall is "flickering" on every eye movement. This is my biggest problem I think, cause there are a lot of patterns and I need to shut my eyes or I cant focus my vision like a 5 second reset. The flickering looks almost like when you use a camera on a LED PC or TV screen. That makes me feel more derealized than I would in a room without that. I don't even know if this flickering/contrast thing is dpdr or anxiety, but it feeds the dpdr for me.
I am getting better so this trigger is the bomb at the moment. It does apply to reading text aswell...

Again thank you for your input. Have the best day you can!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.