Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,383 Posts
Dear I,
I believe you're talking depression and I know it well. I have been through some days, some weeks, sometimes months, and one year of depression where I have felt all of these things. I feel like I weigh about 800 pounds and have NO motivation.

I can sleep for 14 hours and STILL be tired. I can't stop crying. I have very negative thoughts. And I have thought of suicide, planned it. But the interesting thing... when I'm NOT depressed I wonder, "What the HELL was I thinking?" "Why was I in that hole?"

My very first diagnosis when I was 15 was depression and DP/DR, but I was also extremely anxious.

My current diagnosis is GAD which includes depression, and DP/DR.

For me, meds and therapy have helped a great deal. It's important to seek help and remember this will pass. If it doesn't pass, you may need an antidepressant of some type, and you have to experiment.

Also, my chronic DP/DR sometimes just drags me down into a huge pit. And when I isolate myself, the depression feeds on that.

It's good to seek out company of other people. Distraction again, as well as a sense of normality. Close friends, or a small group of fun people for some low key talk or hanging out. A support group -- very helpful.

Hang in there,
I've been there off and on for most of my life.
I always manage to pull out of my misery.
But it takes effort.
Best,
D :shock:

· Registered
2,383 Posts
Dear I,
I believe you're talking depression and I know it well. I have been through some days, some weeks, sometimes months, and one year of depression where I have felt all of these things. I feel like I weigh about 800 pounds and have NO motivation.

I can sleep for 14 hours and STILL be tired. I can't stop crying. I have very negative thoughts. And I have thought of suicide, planned it. But the interesting thing... when I'm NOT depressed I wonder, "What the HELL was I thinking?" "Why was I in that hole?"

My very first diagnosis when I was 15 was depression and DP/DR, but I was also extremely anxious.

My current diagnosis is GAD which includes depression, and DP/DR.

For me, meds and therapy have helped a great deal. It's important to seek help and remember this will pass. If it doesn't pass, you may need an antidepressant of some type, and you have to experiment.

Also, my chronic DP/DR sometimes just drags me down into a huge pit. And when I isolate myself, the depression feeds on that.

It's good to seek out company of other people. Distraction again, as well as a sense of normality. Close friends, or a small group of fun people for some low key talk or hanging out. A support group -- very helpful.

Hang in there,
I've been there off and on for most of my life.
I always manage to pull out of my misery.
But it takes effort.
Best,
D :shock:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.