Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
about a soldier who is like a vegetable, but u can take the lyrics and relate it to the hell im going thru or all of us

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ozzy Osbourne - Diary of a madman (the version i want to put is forbidden on youtube, only the crappy remastered version is available)

Those lyrics haunts me each time i listen to this masterpiece :

"A sickened mind and spirit
The mirror tells me lies
Could I mistake myself for someone
Who lives behind my eyes?
Will he escape my soul
Or will he live in me?
Is he trying to get out
Or trying to enter me?"

I don't know if he was suffering from a dissociate state but i totally relate to this...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ozzy Osbourne - Diary of a madman (the version i want to put is forbidden on youtube, only the crappy remastered version is available)

Those lyrics haunts me each time i listen to this masterpiece :

"A sickened mind and spirit
The mirror tells me lies
Could I mistake myself for someone
Who lives behind my eyes?
Will he escape my soul
Or will he live in me?
Is he trying to get out
Or trying to enter me?"

I don't know if he was suffering from a dissociate state but i totally relate to this...
oh definitely, that whole album really speaks to me. especially the song ¨little dolls¨, when i would question the meaning of my suffering and how it all seems like meaningless torment.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Solipsism by Motions And Miles-

I really resonate with the chorus:

"At night you sit and talk to god,

Did he ever respond?

You've got a million dollar frame

With nothing to display

I really hope he'd understand

And know the struggles of a man

It's in my blood

It wasn't planned"

mostly because imo i feel like it's talking about doing something over and over again ("At night you sit and talk to god") despite knowing the outcome ("Did he ever respond?") as well as being so empty from what it has done to me that I'm just an empty husk of a person ("You've got a million dollar frame, with nothing to display") and seeking someone higher for an answer but you never get a response and that no one gets it and you're meant to suffer ("I really hope he'd understand, and know the struggles of a man").

That sounded hella edgy but yeah

·
Registered
41 Posts
oh definitely, that whole album really speaks to me. especially the song ¨little dolls¨, when i would question the meaning of my suffering and how it all seems like meaningless torment.
Me too, this album is special to me, it's not just (great) heavy metal, you feel Ozzy is in a bad place and the way he express throught his singing and lyrics is really moving. The combo S.A.T.O. - Diary of a madman is legendary. I'll have to listen more carefully to 'Little dolls' again because that's the only song on the album that i found kind of average lol. By the way, I'm a fan of Black sabbath too and 'Volume 4' rules so hard
icon_wink.gif
Maybe my favourite of them (or maybe 'Master of reality', 'Sabbath bloody sabbath', argh...)

Alice in chains - Nutshell :

There's definitly lyrics about dissociation here...One of the most beautiful and touching song ever created. Stanley was one of a kind singer, i'm not saying something that no one knows but still...

·
Registered
87 Posts
''Does it ever get any better?

Or will I feel this way the rest of my life?
I just can't get it together
Now and then I'm losing my mind
I tried to look the other way
To make it through another day
Does it ever get any better?''

Krezip - All my life

it's actually a love song, but the lyrics reflect my state of mind so so well..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts