Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had these symptoms for a very long time, and thought I had experienced everything, but apparently I was wrong. I had my eyes closed and was rubbing them, but my field of vision was the same as it was immediately before I had closed my eyes. It wasn't just some kind of after image either; it lasted several seconds and did not go away, to the degree that I genuinely had some doubt as to whether my eyes were closed or not. Very strange.

Anybody ever experience this before?

·
Registered
568 Posts
So you mean that when you closed your eyes that you still had the image in your eyes brain ect after you shut them ?
Such as you were looking at your TV in your bedroom so you saw this in your vision after shutting your eyes ?
If so yes I've had this before it is a bit scary but nothing harmful

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So you mean that when you closed your eyes that you still had the image in your eyes brain ect after you shut them ?
Such as you were looking at your TV in your bedroom so you saw this in your vision after shutting your eyes ?
If so yes I've had this before it is a bit scary but nothing harmful
Yes, like this, though I was in the bathroom (it wasn't an after-image from the tv or anything).

Haven't ever done any drugs stronger than weed. So no psychedelics.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Chip
Yes I've had that same thing many times it at first freaked me out I haven't had it in a long time
I use to get it in the very beginning of depersonalization when I was very stressed
Try not to be afraid of it , I'm ok still so its harmless
Do you happen to get headaches such as migraines?

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not afraid of it at all. I'm not afraid of any of my symptoms. They are what they are. I'm just asking so I have a better idea of what I'm dealing with so I might be able to some day get out of this state.

I have constant head pain and pressure. Not sure if it would accurately be called a migraine or not.

·
Registered
568 Posts
It's good your not afraid of your feelings I'm same , after so long it's just annoying not scary anymore
I get head and eye pressure but I suffer from migraines have done for 18 years so I'm not sure if the head and eye pressure is part of migraines or depersonalization.

With your main question I think it's from being maybe over tried or very stressed

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just don't know anymore. I'm definitely very tired, but have very little stress in my life (probably because I can't really do much of anything anymore, and I simply acknowledge that.

It just sucks being spaced out all the time, and it's frustrating having to constantly convince people that I'm not lazy or stupid, because they apparently can't (or refuse to) see that there is anything wrong here.

Oh well, back to just binge-watching 90s television for me.

·
Registered
72 Posts
So I've had these symptoms for a very long time, and thought I had experienced everything, but apparently I was wrong. I had my eyes closed and was rubbing them, but my field of vision was the same as it was immediately before I had closed my eyes. It wasn't just some kind of after image either; it lasted several seconds and did not go away, to the degree that I genuinely had some doubt as to whether my eyes were closed or not. Very strange.

Anybody ever experience this before?
This has happened to be recently after taking CBD oil. One night, I had such a horrible after image and prolonged trailing when I moved my arm and phone in front of my vision while the lights were off in my room and watching a movie.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This has happened to be recently after taking CBD oil. One night, I had such a horrible after image and prolonged trailing when I moved my arm and phone in front of my vision while the lights were off in my room and watching a movie.
I always have after images like this too, but never the issue I had with my eyes closed like that.

However, I did just recently begin experimenting with CBD oil, so perhaps that had something to do with it? Interesting...I probably would never have made the connection had you not mentioned that.

It could also just be a coincidence as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts