Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep trying to tell myself this weird shit is just down to illness. But no way can anxiety get as weird as what has happened to me.

I am helpless to do anything. Every time I do an exercise to try and convince myself this is the real world, I get proof that it isn't time and time again.

So I have a problem that everything I see and focus on will occur again later in the day in a completely unrelated way. So one day that thing was San Francisco which was where the bread I was eating was from. Later in the day I saw San Francisco mentioned.

So the next day I decided to make the idea of the first geographical location I saw, if I saw or heard it again I would know for sure that this isn't the correct world and maybe I'm subconsciously creating everything. I saw Rome mentioned, thought that was obscure enough. Got through a whole day, decided to check my email. There was Rome clear as day.

So the next day it was London Bridge. Saw it again. I thought, OK benefit of the doubt let's give it one more go.

So today I saw Romania. Thought right this is the one, if this turns up again this definitely isn't the real world. This is more than illness. Something far more sinister than that is going on. I get home this evening, turn on the TV. Someone is donating money to a charity in transylvania. IN TRANSYL-FUCKING-VANIA!

I GIVE UP. I GET IT WHOEVER IS DOING THIS TO ME. STOP FINDING MORE AND MORE CREATIVE WAYS TO FUCK WITH ME. THIS ISN'T THE REAL WORLD, JUST TELL ME WHAT I HAVE TO DO TO RETURN TO THE LIFE I HAD OR FOR FUCK SAKE TELL ME WHAT I'VE DONE WRONG. I can't handle this anymore.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I don't know what to tell you but this world is real, I am real, I've never met you, I don't know what you look like, what your real name is or how old you are or even your gender or what country you're from. I'm reading this post from probably the other side of the world and trust me my friend, the world is real as fuck.

These coincidences sound weird but honestly I think if we focus hard enough we will find coincidences in anything. Are you sure you are not hallucinating them though?

I wish you good luck with this, please let me know how you're doing

·
Registered
38 Posts
These are literally just coincidences. Youre just saying "THIS ONE PLACE WAS MENTIONED TWICE IN A SINGLE DAY OMGGGGG!!!". Things like this are so common you probably dont even notice half of them, and they don't mean anything unless your brain tries to overanalyze them and find a connection that isn't there. Chill out. Dpdr doesnt alter your reality, it just makes it seem unreal.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have a test for OP

Nauru is a country in Micronesia, you have one day to find a coincidence with Nauru and then I will believe this world isn't real

Good luck :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So are people saying that it's possible to see every single place in the history of the world daily? Cos no matter what, no matter how obscure its always the one I focus on. So unless we are subconsciously seeing every place name in the world daily, I can't see how something sinister isn't going on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts