Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i watched a few videos or webinars of them. they call that peer to peer support group or something and they published some footage from their sessions on youtube. anyways what i noticed is that joes perkins, dodie and jane charlton are all the fucking time talking about how fucked their lifes are and they are literally bitching and whining non stop. like dude what do you want to reach with that? they really dont give fuck about how tremendously negative can impact their attitude people who got recently in touch with dpdr. i watched i few videos for 6-7 minutes each and i became so motherfucking depressed that i became suicidal. i know that i often talked about this issue on this forum but they found a charity to help people with depersonalization but it seems to me that they only use all the charity thing to be able to help themselves with their 100 years long depersonalization symptoms. its pissing me so off that they dont care about people who have this maybe for 2 years and say them such ungentle "yeah my fucking brother you can have it for the rest of your life" please if someone is reading this from the charity talk about that only a minority of dped people experiencing this for 500 years. the fear and anxiety you trigger on people who got this recently makes them 900 times worse. im very sure many people kills themselves for this reason without anyone knows why he killed himself at all. fuck man i hate that fucking group so much. only spreading negative vibes. dude seriously man what is your fucking purpose to interview people like dodie who is just saying how fucked their life is. in one footage shes saying "...in times when my condition gets worse, uuhmmm, oh yeah my condition is permanently constant, when i have other stuff going around....." dude what the fuck do you expect that i feel from that as a dpd patient? seriously hahahah do you expect i will start to cry for you and say "oooohhh youu poooorrr pooorrrr dodieeeee, your condition is permanently constant ohhhhhh" hahahahahaaha fucking morons. i will say it always and i wrote this under their comments as well and they deleted every time. but if you have a fucking problem than behold it for your motherfucking self and dont fuck peoples life with your misery. i hate it man.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Unfortunately several case series demonstrate that for many patients depersonalization disorder never goes away with a lot of cases on record whose symptoms lasted for decades with no end in sight. Currently there is no evidence that patients with spontaneous recoveries make up the majority, but quite the opposite. Millions of lifes were destroyed by depersonalization disorder and for most there is no way out of this hell. So why should Unreal tell people otherwise? Shouldn't the public know that depersonalization disorder is a serious problem that deserves attention?

I also think it's quite hypocritical that you demand Joe Perkins and other longterm sufferers to remain silent in order to protect your emotional state or whatever emotional numbness left of it, while you and notably many people who recovered from depersonalization disorder and are trying to sell a cure are absolutely unwilling to do the same. Instead you are insulting and ridiculing them like a school yard bully, although you have been grieving about having been bullied at school yourself. Looks like you aren't that much better than your former bullies after all.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Unfortunately several case series demonstrate that for many patients depersonalization disorder never goes away with a lot of cases on record whose symptoms lasted for decades with no end in sight. Currently there is no evidence that patients with spontaneous recoveries make up the majority, but quite the opposite. Millions of lifes were destroyed by depersonalization disorder and for most there is no way out of this hell. So why should Unreal tell people otherwise? Shouldn't the public know that depersonalization disorder is a serious problem that deserves attention?

I also think it's quite hypocritical that you demand Joe Perkins and other longterm sufferers to remain silent in order to protect your emotional state or whatever emotional numbness left of it, while you and notably many people who recovered from depersonalization disorder and are trying to sell a cure are absolutely unwilling to do the same. Instead you are insulting and ridiculing them like a school yard bully, although you have been grieving about having been bullied at school yourself. Looks like you aren't that much better than your former bullies after all.
first of all buddy (tdx) you dont have dpd. according to mayer-gross (dpsh member not the prof from 1930) the striking requirement for being diagnosed with dpd is to experience derealization, which you dont have.

second i just didnt talk about joe perkins like that. my post was aimed to the whole charity which ingrains dodie and jane charlton as well. you can listen to a podcast of elaine hunter with renegadeape (which you probably already did because you have nothing better to do than researching the internet about dpd) there she says exactly that a great amount of people who comes to maudsley for dpd gets better. what is your scientifical evidence (which i dont give any fuck anyway) that the majority of dpd patients suffers life long? can you show me one statistics or even anectodal evidence for it? what do you think all the people are doing who not come back to this forum again? this forum has 39k members. but active member are something like 15 maybe 20 atm. so what do you think are doing the 38,9k people? even if they dont recovered fully or not at all, they dont go on the internet and bitch and whine and therefore they do have at least life. lets assume you have dpd as well (which i dont believe) the only reason why joe perkins, jane charlton, dodie and you are suffering is because you are obsessed with that. you decline completely the psychological aspects of a mental illness and you did that on the german forum as well and many member there especially anna did destroy you many times on this debate. she recovered after more than 20 years from blank mind. do you think it is spontaneuos? dude i really dont like you please dont comment anything from me.

and if you reproach me to bully joe perkins (btw it has nothing to do with bullying) than think about new diagnosed people who gets to hear that they could suffer all their lifes long. this alone can be a reason why someone can commit suicide. seriously.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

i will ask you another question.

why do i have a life with dpd (which isnt obviously great but its still a life) where i can have many relationships, where i can be engaged and can at least think that i lived long enough without symptoms so i can at least appreciate that. why do you think that im like this and you aint? can you think about that?

yeah of course you will say that i have mild symptoms. but i never gave up life not even with the extremest panic attacks and dissociation and always challenged my inner demons. it made me stabilize to an extent where my symptoms are just annoying me and the suffering is not too big. do you think this has anything to do with brain chemistry or sth else? no it was my inner strength to push against my mental problems. and meanwhile i do exactly why i do have those symptoms and everything makes a sense to me. just like michal says. it is not poured in cement.

·
Registered
85 Posts
first of all buddy (tdx) you dont have dpd. according to mayer-gross (dpsh member not the prof from 1930) the striking requirement for being diagnosed with dpd is to experience derealization, which you dont have.
You are mistaken if you believe this. Both the criteria of ICD-10 and DSM-5 for depersonalization disorder can be satisfied by displaying symptoms of either depersonalization with derealization, derealization without depersonalization or by having both at the same time. I don't know to which post by Mayer-Gross you refer, but I suppose that you misunderstood him.

second i just didnt talk about joe perkins like that. my post was aimed to the whole charity which ingrains dodie and jane charlton as well.
That's why I said "Joe Perkins and other longterm sufferers" and I do not see how this changes anything.

you can listen to a podcast of elaine hunter with renegadeape (which you probably already did because you have nothing better to do than researching the internet about dpd) there she says exactly that a great amount of people who comes to maudsley for dpd gets better.
I'm very critical about Elaine Hunter, especially after reading the book by Joe Perkins, where she is quoted in verbatim multiple times. Her definition of "getting better" is much different to what most sufferers regard as such.

what is your scientifical evidence (which i dont give any fuck anyway) that the majority of dpd patients suffers life long?
Strictly speaking only longitudinal studies could give a definite proof regarding longterm outcomes of depersonalization disorder. But if recoveries were really that common, then the question would be why in all case series there is such a large amount of people with current disease durations longer than 10 years. If depersonalization disorder really cleared up in the majority you would not expect that in a cross-sectional study.

can you show me one statistics or even anectodal evidence for it?
Anecdotal evidence is easy to come by regarding this question:

As you can already see from the title this book is about a person who suffered from depersonalization disorder for more than 60 years and never improved.

what do you think all the people are doing who not come back to this forum again? this forum has 39k members. but active member are something like 15 maybe 20 atm. so what do you think are doing the 38,9k people?
That's the same old story: People leave the forum and so they are believed to be recovered. The fact that in all internet forums (even those for incurable diseases) only a tiny minority of the whole userbase is active at any given moment already shows that recoveries cannot be derived from this observation.

By your logic I could also claim that people leave the forum, because they kill themselves, since there are recorded cases of suicide due to depersonalization just as there are recoveries. You can't conclude anything from people having left the forum.

even if they dont recovered fully or not at all, they dont go on the internet and bitch and whine and therefore they do have at least life.
But isn't "whining" part of what self-help forums on the internet are for?

lets assume you have dpd as well (which i dont believe) the only reason why joe perkins, jane charlton, dodie and you are suffering is because you are obsessed with that.
So you are saying, it's their own fault, right? The fact that you do not seem to recover, is that also your fault?

you decline completely the psychological aspects of a mental illness
Perhaps psychological aspects of mental illnesses are often not as proven as their proponents claim and there is good reason to criticize them.

and you did that on the german forum as well and many member there especially anna did destroy you many times on this debate.
It's difficult to evaluate "my" performance arguing against these people and that "anna" without seeing the posts from that forum. But given your past posts I reckon that my opinion on this regard would likely differ very much from yours.

she recovered after more than 20 years from blank mind. do you think it is spontaneuos?
I know the forum you are talking about. Do you have any idea why it was shut down? Will someone continue the forum?

and if you reproach me to bully joe perkins (btw it has nothing to do with bullying) than think about new diagnosed people who gets to hear that they could suffer all their lifes long. this alone can be a reason why someone can commit suicide. seriously.
Couldn't it lead to more suicides to victim blame people who do not recover?

why do i have a life with dpd (which isnt obviously great but its still a life) where i can have many relationships, where i can be engaged and can at least think that i lived long enough without symptoms so i can at least appreciate that. why do you think that im like this and you aint? can you think about that?
The content of your posts speaks another language.

yeah of course you will say that i have mild symptoms. but i never gave up life not even with the extremest panic attacks and dissociation and always challenged my inner demons.
Yeah, right. :p

just like michal says. it is not poured in cement.
When, or better, if you recover, will you also write a book about that which contains your "cure"?

·
Registered
335 Posts
I agree with Peter about the fact that it is just true that long term sufferers exist. Death does happen to all of us eventually for example, and perhaps we would be happier if we didn't believe that (or maybe not), but in general we do want to know the truth whatever it is. If some people recovered quickly, it's good and we want to know it too, and I hope that they mention it as well in these groups.
I remember in my years in twelve step groups for addictions, I heard people talk about their lives with very different styles. Some people shared a lot of negative things, and some others shared positive things. And for myself I did both. And I think most people benefitted from both kinds of shares. People who were in the negative could get inspired by people in the positive, and could related with the distress of people who were in the negative like them and see that they are not alone. People who were in the positive could get encouraged and inspired by others in the positive, and could use other people's negative to remember where they came from and to come back to the reality of their problem and the necessity to not think that they are in control of everything. Which I think is important both for addictions and DPDR, but one might argue that it is not the same. That's for the listening part. And about the sharing itself, when one share something negative, I think it is good to let it go out of ones chest and see others listen to you without judging and you can accept who you are. And when one shares something positive, it feels good to see that it can be useful to others and that one did not suffer for nothing, it helps you make some good in the world.
So for me I think both the positive and the negative can be important, but evidently some people prefer one or the other depending on what they need, and I think it's ok. Some people were fed up with the negativity and went to places where there was more positivity, and some people were fed up with the positivity and went to places where they could relate more with other people's stories and where it felt more real and down to earth.
I will join Peter too in saying that you ask people to be more positive and to stop whining, you are also insulting when doing so, and yet, honestly, you don't strike me as a very positive person on the forum, including in this post obviously, and I also hear you share a lot of the negativity you feel towards your condition and your symptoms. I can be negative myself, and as I said, I don't think it is always a bad thing to share negativity and as far as I am concerned you are welcome to do that, but it sounds like you don't accept your own negativity yourself, and you don't take responsibility for it. Because somehow you can't stop your own negativity but you think others should. I don't want to sound corny but I personally think that looking at negativity more positively is a way for me to own it like a part of myself, just like I try to own who I am, instead of kicking it in the butt and push it further away and dissociate from it.
That's what we do with intrusive thoughts, we try to kick them away, but we see we can't kick ourselves away and that's dissociation. But listening to you, it seems that approaching that negativity instantly triggers suicidal thoughts for you, that really sucks, and if it is the case, it really makes sense for me that you would want to push it away now. I think we are all different and have had a different past and deal with different stuff, and for sure it is important to keep ourselves safe and I wish that you do. I hope we will all make it through DPDR, each with our own shit, and that we all have something that can help others. By the way, what kind of thing helps you on the forum, what kind of thing do you like to read from people who are still suffering? Is there something in particular that usually benefits you? Maybe there is nothing, but if there is anything I am interested.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree with Peter about the fact that it is just true that long term sufferers exist. Death does happen to all of us eventually for example, and perhaps we would be happier if we didn't believe that (or maybe not), but in general we do want to know the truth whatever it is. If some people recovered quickly, it's good and we want to know it too, and I hope that they mention it as well in these groups.
I remember in my years in twelve step groups for addictions, I heard people talk about their lives with very different styles. Some people shared a lot of negative things, and some others shared positive things. And for myself I did both. And I think most people benefitted from both kinds of shares. People who were in the negative could get inspired by people in the positive, and could related with the distress of people who were in the negative like them and see that they are not alone. People who were in the positive could get encouraged and inspired by others in the positive, and could use other people's negative to remember where they came from and to come back to the reality of their problem and the necessity to not think that they are in control of everything. Which I think is important both for addictions and DPDR, but one might argue that it is not the same. That's for the listening part. And about the sharing itself, when one share something negative, I think it is good to let it go out of ones chest and see others listen to you without judging and you can accept who you are. And when one shares something positive, it feels good to see that it can be useful to others and that one did not suffer for nothing, it helps you make some good in the world.
So for me I think both the positive and the negative can be important, but evidently some people prefer one or the other depending on what they need, and I think it's ok. Some people were fed up with the negativity and went to places where there was more positivity, and some people were fed up with the positivity and went to places where they could relate more with other people's stories and where it felt more real and down to earth.
I will join Peter too in saying that you ask people to be more positive and to stop whining, you are also insulting when doing so, and yet, honestly, you don't strike me as a very positive person on the forum, including in this post obviously, and I also hear you share a lot of the negativity you feel towards your condition and your symptoms. I can be negative myself, and as I said, I don't think it is always a bad thing to share negativity and as far as I am concerned you are welcome to do that, but it sounds like you don't accept your own negativity yourself, and you don't take responsibility for it. Because somehow you can't stop your own negativity but you think others should. I don't want to sound corny but I personally think that looking at negativity more positively is a way for me to own it like a part of myself, just like I try to own who I am, instead of kicking it in the butt and push it further away and dissociate from it.
That's what we do with intrusive thoughts, we try to kick them away, but we see we can't kick ourselves away and that's dissociation. But listening to you, it seems that approaching that negativity instantly triggers suicidal thoughts for you, that really sucks, and if it is the case, it really makes sense for me that you would want to push it away now. I think we are all different and have had a different past and deal with different stuff, and for sure it is important to keep ourselves safe and I wish that you do. I hope we will all make it through DPDR, each with our own shit, and that we all have something that can help others. By the way, what kind of thing helps you on the forum, what kind of thing do you like to read from people who are still suffering? Is there something in particular that usually benefits you? Maybe there is nothing, but if there is anything I am interested.
thanks for your reply. tbh i agree with you. i was just in despair and wanted to rant around. so of course the experiences of long term sufferers are all valid. no question. and of course they also need help and support and they need to talk things off their chest. but this is not my point. thing is i got the feeling, they found a charity and i mean those three in special (joe, dodie and jane) to only find a solution for themselves. even though their ambassadors anthony david and elaine hunter are seeing the main reason of long term sufferers as the obsession on the symptoms and for me the prove for that is that they founded a charity because otherwise they wouldnt right?

yes i am also negative. and im obsessed with my symptoms as well. but this post doesnt have anything to do with my own experience. and i never said on this forum that it is impossible to recover from dpdr. but they are saying this (not directly but very subtle). and this is my point. and this does harm to people who got newly diagnosed. i can give example from depression. is depression for some people a long life thing? yes. is it discussed anywhere as a problem to being long life? NO! even for psychosis it is mentioned that only 33% is experiencing chronically symptoms. they need to explain that most people who gets dpd from a panic attack or anxiety will highly likely gets better. but they dont do that. i hope you got my point. and yeah my language was pretty harsh i admit that. and im sorry if i hurt someone.

Reactions: Trith

·
Administrator
1,551 Posts
What's this even about? You are upset because... these people are suffering and speaking out on a social platform? Do you think all those who have this long term should just shut the fuck up because you're scared you won't recover?

·
Registered
85 Posts
What's this even about? You are upset because... these people are suffering and speaking out on a social platform? Do you think all those who have this long term should just shut the fuck up because you're scared you won't recover?
In a nutshell this is his opinion. He isn't alone with this, though. This stance is fairly widespread on Facebook, where you get banned on many depersonalization groups for "whining" or simply saying something "negative", not to mention the group "Depersonalization", which is a censorship hell where even the smallest display of disagreement is deleted and people are banned for non-sensical reasons like being "assholes" in the eyes of Amy Chartier.

The current state of affairs on depersonalization groups is another problem holding sufferers back from actually achieving something, because there is no free exchange of ideas and opinions, but things are often ruined by little dictators, who are unable to tolerate opinions other than their own or have vested interests in the form of the "cure" they are trying to sell.

·
Administrator
1,551 Posts
I happen to be friends with Amy Chartier and the other Admins on the 'Depersonalization' Group. Even when my facebook was last active I was a co-Admin. You have to understand that it's not about their opinions as mods, mostly it's about legalities. When someone goes on their blabbing about not taking meds cause scientology says or whatever... and someone goes off their meds and then commits suicide.. ye you get the idea. Or it could be a question of illegal drugs as well.

Simply put, if you don't want to talk somewhere, or read from someplace, don't. I'm not over here deleting leminaseri's posts for whining about whiners.

Nor am I deleting people for supposedly being people that I once banned for something that I don't even remember why they were banned.

·
Registered
85 Posts
You have to understand that it's not about their opinions as mods, mostly it's about legalities. When someone goes on their blabbing about not taking meds cause scientology says or whatever... and someone goes off their meds and then commits suicide.. ye you get the idea. Or it could be a question of illegal drugs as well.
From my experience with this group, it has never been about legalities or something like that. I observed it so many times. They were deleting posts and banning people simply because people had different opinions and started discussing. When things got just a little more deeper or interesting than usual posts always started to disappear for no discernible reason. That's why the talk on this group is never going beyond the surface level.

Censorship is also a main problem of Jeffrey Abugel's Initiative for Depersonalization Studies. Criticism on their Facebook group has always been ignored or deleted. Still Jeffrey Abugel seems wondering why people aren't throwing money at his campaign.

Very sad, because both could have been so much more.

Simply put, if you don't want to talk somewhere, or read from someplace, don't.
Many people did. The group "Derealization / Depersonalization" has 13435 members by now, while "Depersonalization" has 10512 members. For the last years the former has always been less popular, but this changed.

Generally I'm quite dissatisfied that forums are more and more replaced by Facebook groups, because the way Facebook is constructed it promotes more superficial discussions that are easily forgotten. WhatsApp and Telegram are even more going into this direction. I hope in the future there will be something better that combines the advantages of both classic forums and social networks, but so far my expectation is that webforums will slowly disappear, just like newsgroups are largely dead by now.

·
Administrator
1,028 Posts
I don't use social media at all so I've never seen those sites. We've only banned less than a handful of people here in the whole time I've been back. A million spammers, but only a few actual members.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Unfortunately several case series demonstrate that for many patients depersonalization disorder never goes away with a lot of cases on record whose symptoms lasted for decades with no end in sight.
Yes! Depersonalization is especially insurmountable if you (like Peter aka TDX)
1.) have an immense secondary benefit from illness by being able to play the pseudo-intellectual, extremely cold and rational hobby expert on the internet (and don't even get discouraged by the fact of already having been kicked out of all sorts of internet forums),
2) make your DP the main focus of your life by sitting in front of your computer 24/7, hanging out in internet forums and waiting for the spontaneous cure or magical pill instead of looking for a real purpose in your life or making even the slightest change in your everyday behaviour (friends, sports, a job etc.),
3) are a hardcore pessimist (but of course kinda enjoy it too, because it's somehow pretty cool to play the dark minded, cold intellectual in anonymous internet forums),
4) are a hardcore opponent to psychotherapy and (as a depressed, desperate, internet addicted hobby doctor) even have the arrogance to deny the competence of professors and psychotherapy researchers like Matthias Michal and others (who have went through medical training for more than a decade and have been treating patients with DP for many, many years) and thereby unfoundedly diminish people's hopes.

Also, dear TDX, I'm - just like leminaseri - not so sure whether you even have DPD. If it's true that you don't have DR, I think it's very, very unlikely that you have DPD. You're right that the formal criteria don't afford having DR for being diagnosed with DPD, but it seems to me that this is just due to a lack of conceptual clarity. In the DSM, depersonalization is also described as the feeling of "living in a dream or a movie", which in other literature mostly counts as derealization. I've never met or heard of anybody with DPD who doesn't feel like the world surrounding him is unreal or strange. And if you don't have that feeling, I think you surely don't have DPD. But of course, I don't know you well enough to judge on that issue.

Anyway: I think it is super, super obvious that you have a severely pathological personality, and without meaning to insult you, you should really throw your computer away, never visit any internet forum again, change your life in almost all aspects and (which is most important) get some really, really good psychotherapy treatment.

All the best for you.

(Oh, and just in case somebody is wondering how I come to think that Peter is TDX: He runs a german facebook group called "Liga der Untoten", where he admitted being TDX. But also, I think it is very obvious that he's TDX if you just compare their posts. I hope the admins will finally kick him out.)

·
Registered
85 Posts
have an immense secondary benefit from illness by being able to play the pseudo-intellectual, extremely cold and rational hobby expert on the internet
This whole secondary gain argument reminds me to chronic fatigue syndrome, where doctors used the exact same argument to victim blame people of whom many have a quality of life worse than people in a persistent vegetative state, but chose to stand up for their rights and create internet platforms to fight against psychosomatics. In my opinion secondary gain is simply an attempt of a psychologically coated gag order.

Generally a central problem of secondary and especially primary gain, which is obvious, but often disregarded by psychosomatics, is the cost-benefit-ratio. There is simply no benefit that could outweight a severe mental or organic disorder. I also don't see, how this secondary gain you propose could be regarded as "immense".

And even if there was a benefit, there are countless people on the internet, who made books, youtube videos and podcasts containing their mostly misguided opinion on depersonalization disorder or a "cure", who often do not hesitate to proclaim themselves as experts on depersonalization. They earn money with that (while I do not), so they have a real or at least measurable benefit. Why are they allowed to benefit and me (or TDX for that matter) not?

and don't even get discouraged by the fact of already having been kicked out of all sorts of internet forums
Nowadays you can get banned from places easily if you have the wrong opinion. That's not a problem unique to TDX.

2) make your DP the main focus of your life by sitting in front of your computer 24/7, hanging out in internet forums and waiting for the spontaneous cure or magical pill
TDX appears to have read a great deal on depersonalization, which certainly took a lot of effort. Waiting for a spontaneous cure or "magical pill" suggests low effort. Hence I regard your claim as contradictory.

instead of looking for a real purpose in your life or making even the slightest change in your everyday behaviour (friends, sports, a job etc.),
So in the end you are alleging that people like me are waiting for a miracle, but you portray "changing one's life" was the way out, of course without explaining in any way how to do this and why this should even work, not to mention your lack of evidence. Basically it's the acceptance ideology rebranded, which in itself is simply the "strategy" of pretending to live a normal life (which is often not even possible) and waiting for a miracle which you are accusing me for.

3) are a hardcore pessimist (but of course kinda enjoy it too, because it's somehow pretty cool to play the dark minded, cold intellectual in anonymous internet forums),
I think at this point there can be no question, that you really dislike TDX, probably even though TDX never did or say anything mean to you.

4) are a hardcore opponent to psychotherapy and (as a depressed, desperate, internet addicted hobby doctor) even have the arrogance to deny the competence of professors and psychotherapy researchers like Matthias Michal and others (who have went through medical training for more than a decade and have been treating patients with DP for many, many years) and thereby unfoundedly diminish people's hopes.
What makes you believe that I or TDX am a "hardcore opponent" against psychotherapy? Personally I am absolutely willing to promote psychotherapy in areas where it is backed up by scientific evidence, which is the case for anxiety disorders, obsessive-compulsive disorder and posttraumatic-stress disorder and to some degree for depression and some other mental disorders. But I do not see a reason to take a blind eye on how limited psychotherapy really is, even much more so than even pharmacological treatments. In particular I do not see any empirical or theoretical support for psychotherapy in regards to depersonalization disorder and thus no grounds to recommend it.

Concerning professors and researchers like Michal I do not believe that having undergone medical training or being a professor makes them immune to criticism. You don't need to be able to make a movie in order to be allowed to be a movie critic. Likewise time does not make people inviolable, since having spent a certain amount of time on a certain problem does not necessarily allow conclusion about the quality they achieved with their attempt of a solution. I also do not agree with withholding the truth from people in order to lure them into fake-hopes, especially regarding Michal.

Also, dear TDX, I'm - just like leminaseri - not so sure whether you even have DPD.
Even if I, TDX or Olaf Scholz did not have depersonalization disorder: What is the problem about that? Do you think that people without depersonalization disorder (which includes people with depersonalization secondary to another mental illness) or without any mental illness at all should not be able to have and tell their opinion about depersonalization disorder on the internet? What about the likes of Harris Harrington, Shaun O. Connor (the author of the depersonalization manual) who recovered from depersonalization disorder? Does the recovery take away their "freedom of depersonalization speech"? And what about people like Berit Lukas, who never had depersonalization disorder in the first place? Do we need to burn their books now?

If it's true that you don't have DR, I think it's very, very unlikely that you have DPD.
In fact depersonalization without derealization is quite common. Several studies investigated this issue.

You're right that the formal criteria don't afford having DR for being diagnosed with DPD, but it seems to me that this is just due to a lack of conceptual clarity. In the DSM, depersonalization is also described as the feeling of "living in a dream or a movie", which in other literature mostly counts as derealization.
The DSM is mainly used in the United States. For the rest of the world the International Classification of Diseases, which recently reached it's 11th edition, is employed. There it says:

"Depersonalization is characterised by experiencing the self as strange or unreal, or feeling detached from, or as though one were an outside observer of, one’s thoughts, feelings, sensations, body, or actions. Derealization is characterised by experiencing other persons, objects, or the world as strange or unreal (e.g., dreamlike, distant, foggy, lifeless, colourless, or visually distorted) or feeling detached from one’s surroundings."

I've never met or heard of anybody with DPD who doesn't feel like the world surrounding him is unreal or strange.
Which can't be checked and could simply be due to several biases on your behalf.

And if you don't have that feeling, I think you surely don't have DPD.
Seems like the literature on this subject does not agree with your opinion. This also raises another question: On the one hand you try to disallow me from criticizing researchers on the grounds of their adademic training and experience. But what about the researchers who defined depersonalization disorders as including patients suffering from depersonalization without derealization? Why are you allowed to disagree with them and I am not?

Anyway: I think it is super, super obvious that you have a severely pathological personality
What did it take for you to arrive at this conclusion? I mean both factual, but also ethically. I mean, this is pretty strong stuff to tell someone. And even if true, according to a classic study about 50% of all people with depersonalization disorder satisfy diagnostic criteria for at least one personality disorder. So what would be the problem if I had a personality disorder? And why isn't it a problem with other people who post on this and other forums?

and without meaning to insult you, you should really throw your computer away, never visit any internet forum again
Why? Because you don't like TDX's posts?

change your life in almost all aspects and (which is most important) get some really, really good psychotherapy treatment.
Yeah right, people should do something that is basically guranteed to not help in any way.

Oh, and just in case somebody is wondering how I come to think that Peter is TDX: He runs a german facebook group called "Liga der Untoten", where he admitted being TDX.
The person who is running the "Liga der Untoten" is someone calling himself "Peter Fischer" who allegedly admitted being TDX according to your words. But how do you know that I, a person called "Peter" from Germany is that "Peter Fischer"? Do you have any conclusive proof for your claim? Peter is a very common name in Germany after all...

And if you want to talk to TDX, why don't you just go into the "Liga der Untoten"? Then you don't need to turn someone, whom you can't prove to be TDX, into a TDX-substitute.

I hope the admins will finally kick him out.
Why do you hope that I (or TDX for that matter) am kicked out? I did not violate any rule.

Apart from that it looks like the admins don't have any intention to ban my account. They either demand more evidence or, what seems more likely, they don't even care.

Here is another solution for you: If you cannot stand me, TDX or anybody who does not buy into your pick-up-artist-like "change your life"-cure, then just go into one of the many online communities were they are not allowed. I think I already suggested some for you. You can even create your own anti-TDX forum if you want to take this farce even further.

All the best for you.
Is there any reason at this point to believe you are really wishing that TDX person "all the best"?

Just be honest: You don't like his opinion, so you want to cancel him.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts