Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why do some people get better and some don’t ? I️ don’t get it? If Iv had it before and recovered then do you think I️ have a good chance of recovering again ? Like some people say they get this from a medication but if they stop the medication wouldn’t it go away ? Like if you have anxiety and you take it away it’s suppose to go away

·
Banned
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First time I’m not sure it took over a year and the second time I recovered in a month. I️ went on paxil so it was that or just a coincidence, hoping it was the paxil because I’m back on it but it’s not working so far 3 weeks in.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Sometimes it's not the medication but the person had psychological issues that got exacerbated by the med

When my DP started full force it was right after taking an Antidepressant. But for months before I was on no meds and was having panic attacks and tons of problems that would have made me DP anyway. So it wasn't the med.

·
Registered
2 Posts
After the 1st time taking Paxil did you stop taking it as soon as you felt better? After stopping to take it after how long did your dp come back?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts