Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Dear Kathryn...typical behaviour leading to DP/DR - YOU ARE ANALYZING WHAT COULD HAVE HAPPENED AND WHAT COULD HAPPEN...etc. etc. Who gives a damn about what you did and what could happen - you did it! I lost a couple of 300 euro worth sunglasses today...Well - they are gone...Nobody is going to help you - you are alone...The scenarios are your problem - not reality...Face it!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Dear Kathryn...typical behaviour leading to DP/DR - YOU ARE ANALYZING WHAT COULD HAVE HAPPENED AND WHAT COULD HAPPEN...etc. etc. Who gives a damn about what you did and what could happen - you did it! I lost a couple of 300 euro worth sunglasses today...Well - they are gone...Nobody is going to help you - you are alone...The scenarios are your problem - not reality...Face it!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Des said:
Des, maybe it's normal when in the throes of dp/dr to see everything as a symptom of it. But people without dp/dr also look at the decisions that they've made in the past and they think about the consequences of future decisions. Some analysis is healthy and prevents people from making rash decisions. Yes, I realise that the possibility of anyone giving a damn about what I did and what could happen is slim, but I posted the topic nonetheless. Reality is my problem, not the scenarios; and that reality consists of a virtual stranger having some extremely personal stuff of mine, as a direct result of me making some very bad decisions when struggling with dp/dr. I brought the topic up because I've seen in the past that many people on here write or keep journals, and I thought they might have had similar experiences. Personally, I would never tell anyone else that they are alone and that nobody is going to help them, no matter how much I believe it for myself. What exactly did you gain by telling me that? We're born alone, we live alone and we die alone. That was actually something I read a long time ago that was a catalyst in sparking the whole thing off for me. I've never discussed this with anyone until now and I deal with it on my own, as I do everything else. I never ask for help. This was my one attempt in ten years to talk it through. I made a decision back in 1997 that I would never try to talk about this with anyone ever again, and reading your post brought back to me with crystal clarity the way I used feel when I let my defences down, and why they were up in the first place. But I do think it's been helpful in showing me that this forum is not a good idea for me. The irony is that I thought that the dp/dr forum would be the last place where I'd get the above response.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Des said:
Des, maybe it's normal when in the throes of dp/dr to see everything as a symptom of it. But people without dp/dr also look at the decisions that they've made in the past and they think about the consequences of future decisions. Some analysis is healthy and prevents people from making rash decisions. Yes, I realise that the possibility of anyone giving a damn about what I did and what could happen is slim, but I posted the topic nonetheless. Reality is my problem, not the scenarios; and that reality consists of a virtual stranger having some extremely personal stuff of mine, as a direct result of me making some very bad decisions when struggling with dp/dr. I brought the topic up because I've seen in the past that many people on here write or keep journals, and I thought they might have had similar experiences. Personally, I would never tell anyone else that they are alone and that nobody is going to help them, no matter how much I believe it for myself. What exactly did you gain by telling me that? We're born alone, we live alone and we die alone. That was actually something I read a long time ago that was a catalyst in sparking the whole thing off for me. I've never discussed this with anyone until now and I deal with it on my own, as I do everything else. I never ask for help. This was my one attempt in ten years to talk it through. I made a decision back in 1997 that I would never try to talk about this with anyone ever again, and reading your post brought back to me with crystal clarity the way I used feel when I let my defences down, and why they were up in the first place. But I do think it's been helpful in showing me that this forum is not a good idea for me. The irony is that I thought that the dp/dr forum would be the last place where I'd get the above response.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Well...Idiot that I am, I am going to walk in to this not knowing exactly what Kathryn posted, but wondering why such a hard response from Des?

"...and that reality consists of a virtual stranger haveing some very personal stuff of mine", is all the information from your 1St post I could really glean, Kathryn.

Des, that was so strong. She's only made 8 post. How could she have brought out that kind of response?

Just curious and do hate I missed your 1st post Kathryn.

terri

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Well...Idiot that I am, I am going to walk in to this not knowing exactly what Kathryn posted, but wondering why such a hard response from Des?

"...and that reality consists of a virtual stranger haveing some very personal stuff of mine", is all the information from your 1St post I could really glean, Kathryn.

Des, that was so strong. She's only made 8 post. How could she have brought out that kind of response?

Just curious and do hate I missed your 1st post Kathryn.

terri

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
kathryn,

what ever it was..from the info i can see..looks like i can probably relate to it. wish i had seen it. sorry you had such a bad experience

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
kathryn,

what ever it was..from the info i can see..looks like i can probably relate to it. wish i had seen it. sorry you had such a bad experience

1 - 10 of 10 Posts