Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys.
I've had my solipsistic obsession for more than 6 months, and recovery is definitely hard.
I've experienced moments of joy and despair, and right now I'm definitely at my worst.
I simply cannot accept the uncertainty anymore. I mean, I know that solipsism is definitely sketchy, but I fear it. A lot. And somehow, I'm scared that my life could be a lie. That I'm just gonna die and find out that everyone else isn't actually conscious, and everything that I did was completely meaningless. How does one simply accept the fact that it's all fake? It's kind of hard to find any type of joy while embracing this particular mindset.
I don't know if I'll ever be able to look at people the same way that I did before.
So, did anyone feel like this? Like life was actually meaningless because of these unanswerable questions? How did you get out of it, and what do you think I should do?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Take solace in the fact that pain is real. If pain is real, then pleasure might also be real. Code to live by: seek pleasure, avoid pain.

When it's not raining, play in the dirt.

·
Registered
139 Posts
How does one simply accept the fact that it's all fake? It's kind of hard to find any type of joy while embracing this particular mindset.
Heres the problem. Your believing this. When there is no tangible proof of this being the case. Ive been there. Trust me. I was stuck in it for a few months. But you have to think, if you were truely alone, then you would have much more control over the world. Youd be living a much better life. Think about the fact that there are so many things around you that arnt in your control. And think, if every else were "fake" and not alive, then why does it still operate as if it does? If it werent all alive too, then you would know it. You would know its you controlling everything. But obviously, you arnt controlling everything. Only your own life.

Idk, i just hope this helps you. It took me a while to get off the idea too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts