Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started taking nytol (like a home remedy) for sleep didn't really work but it fixed itself after I stopped taking it. Now the sleep is bad again, I tend to get waves of tiredness at 12pm,5pm,9pm but it's too early to go to sleep so I go later and can't get sleep and then wake up earlier than I should & sleep lightly. I have to be up at 7 so can't go to sleep too late. I have dinner at 5 so its not that & i exercise at 3pm. Does anyone have any tips for sleeping or does anyone take anything for it?

·
Registered
485 Posts
I have had these sorts of problems with sleep for years now. It started at some point all of a sudden during my first year with dp. At first, I had zero problems with it, I actually fell asleep faster at night probably from mental exhaustion. I dont know. Something changed though and I started experiencing things like sudden and extreme tiredness very early on in the day, sometimes as early as the afternoon like you. I had no idea what was causing that and still dont but it was a very unnatural and strange feeling. A tiredness I hadnt had before and definitely not that early on in the day. Another odd part of it was that it would randomly come on for short periods then stop for weeks or months. I dont have it anymore strangely enough but what I do still have is extreme insomnia, delayed sleep phase, and circadian rhythym type of issues. Also similar to a "free running" sleep schedule or something like that, Id have to look it up. So this means I'll sometimes get stuck in reversed sleep cycles/patterns, then all of a sudden Im back to sleeping earlier and getting up at a reasonable time. Its very weird. And the insomnia is incredibly bad, like not even being able to get one hour of sleep sometimes. It would be like my brain no longer knew how to produce sleep or something lol. Id sometimes go to work on literaly zero hours of sleep the next day.

You can try melatonin, and I have before. It works but I try not to rely on it. Something that just recently fixed it for me was being out all day doing things. I was just too tired to stay up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts