Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All day, every second, its there. When im able to distract myself, the dp isnt there as bad but i still feel it. Its getting so hard to live right now. Im not suicidal but i just want a break. Even if im doing stuff i enjoy, that feelings imidiately terminated cause i remember dp. Its probably a form of ocd... At night it gets worse. When im laying down and cant sleep, ill try exersizes to relax. Ive even tried yoga. Last night i layed there on my bed till from 11p-6am with my eyes closed and couldnt get it out of my head at all, its torture. Anyone else?

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I hear ya....Insomnia has been a big part of my life for many years now...Very very frustrating...

If the DP is now at an unbearable level and youve tried everything else maybe you should consider the medication route...Meds have helped many (myself included)

Its just gonna be trial and error as to what works...Just like everything else with this awful condition...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm the same way. Sometimes, it takes me almost two hours to fall asleep. I tried thinking of things of the past, listening to YouTube videos of running water to help me doze off or some video of someone talking.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I tried melatonin and unisom for the first couple weeks. Had crazy dreams. Lately I’ve been using valerian root and calming teas. I do a meditation which seems to help focus my mind on my breathing and calming my thoughts. It takes some time but after a few weeks it got better. I monitor my heart rate with my Apple Watch and a sleep app. Some days are better than others. YouTube has some great sleep meditations and even asmr videos can help. You think it’s not working but each night gets slowly easier. Hope this helps. Feel free to private message me as well. Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts