Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year I remember a day where I got one hour of sleep - I was very tired during the day but by evening my DP was significantly alleviated. My brain fog was REDUCED which seems really odd. The same thing happened last night, I went to bed around 3 AM ( I usually sleep around 11-12). Once the initial stage of fatigue passed I felt the same enhanced level of mental clarity. Obviously this is not a long term solution though.

Anyone know why from a neurological perspective this might be helping me? Might help me figure out what is wrong/find a medication.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I've had similar experiences. I think it's because your body is "experiencing" something, it reminds you you are alive, real. You are not numb, but tired. Same happens when i have a small hangover. But a heavy hangover can be quite disastrous.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Agreed although OP should ressarch this as it may have to do soemthng with the different brain waves and their activstion in dofferent states.

It could be that your sleep depreivation momentarily caused an accidental "awakening". The iron, if not sleeping would actually awaken us from this dream...

Anyway, look into it as there may be a link here but then also do not disourage if you find no tenable theory. In the end, it may -- as Ponderer explained -- just a distraction for the moment.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I think when you are tired you don't have the strength to over analyze everything, so you can't engage in the main DP inducing activity.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts