Depersonalization Support Forum banner

Skijumpers fly like an eagle (British humour?)

217 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  lone wolf 
#1 ·
First I wasn't sure would this post be appropriate in That's Life! or in Jokes & Funny Websites, but as I have a question about it, I'll put it here. (I hope this post would appear close by the recognizing discussion of American presidential election and foreign policy, so everybody would see how clever Finns are regarding foreign countries! :wink:) OK, you have already seen the topic of this post, so I'll continue - I heard the sentence in Finnish TV advertisement - it was supposed to describe British humour:

Skijumpers fly like an eagle. ---> then in Finnish:

M?kihypp??j?n k?rp?nen tykk?? kotkasta.

So there were a picture of a fly with an eagle and a heart between them. However, I don't remember did the fly also have some outfit, that would have indicated it was some skijumper's pet insect...

And here's the question for British forum members - is this an old joke to you, and thus a showpiece of British humour? Or is this joke invented by some clever (obviously Finnish) advertising designer?

(All in all, it makes me laugh every time I see the ad on TV. :lol:)

See less See more
#2 ·
First I wasn't sure would this post be appropriate in That's Life! or in Jokes & Funny Websites, but as I have a question about it, I'll put it here. (I hope this post would appear close by the recognizing discussion of American presidential election and foreign policy, so everybody would see how clever Finns are regarding foreign countries! :wink:) OK, you have already seen the topic of this post, so I'll continue - I heard the sentence in Finnish TV advertisement - it was supposed to describe British humour:

Skijumpers fly like an eagle. ---> then in Finnish:

M?kihypp??j?n k?rp?nen tykk?? kotkasta.

So there were a picture of a fly with an eagle and a heart between them. However, I don't remember did the fly also have some outfit, that would have indicated it was some skijumper's pet insect...

And here's the question for British forum members - is this an old joke to you, and thus a showpiece of British humour? Or is this joke invented by some clever (obviously Finnish) advertising designer?

(All in all, it makes me laugh every time I see the ad on TV. :lol:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.