Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am 18, I was prescribed Citalopram 10mg for weeks and i haven't taken it, should i really try because i feel like if the DR/DP gets worse i really don't know wtf is going to happen

what i feel:

guilt, i am in a negative environment, thoughts run through my head and I'm not sure if they are mine so i get scared

don't know if I'm real, feels like everything is a movie like i might wake up tomorrow and none of this happened

always worried if i had schizophrenia, bipolar, was a narcissist/psycopath, but my biggest fear is dissociative identity disorder

intrusive violent thoughts, they made me feel guilty because i wasn't sure if i was becoming a psychopath

Constant Mind chatter

confusion

time perception is messed up, time seems to go by so fast, i lose track of time, i might wake up at night. last week i think i felt better and hopeful and I'm scared because i felt so good compared to now that it feels like that never happened

not sure if i did something or just thought about it. was thinking if i looked up a DP symptom for example and felt like i wasn't sure if i did but i found it on my history. another example is i was thinking about high school earlier and it felt like that all happened so recently even though i just dropped out of my college a few weeks ago and that also feels like it never happened

Im afraid doing something will trigger

my mood changes, thats why I'm scared if i have DID multiple personality disorder, i feel conflicted with what i believe in and who i am. ex: i like music but am not sure if i really do like making music or it was just a form of coping for my issues

worrying about everything from personal issues, to stuff i read online, to if I'm messed up in the head, I'm left feeling confused because it feels like i was a totally different person or I'm insane

first felt dissociation when i was really young maybe 11

full blown anxiety attack from smoking weed in january 2017

sleeping is messed up, i wake up really confused it feels like i have spasms or seizures sleep paralysis, i could have sworn i had a dream last night where i was someone else but it was really messed up thats why I'm scared i might have DID

i don't even know what i did today i was on the computer all day looking up confirmation to make sure i don't have any serious illness

brief moments of relief where i feel like I'm better so i start to feel like i don't care about anything but when the DP comes back i become paranoid thats why it feels like I'm 2 different people but i don't think i am

·
Banned
1,370 Posts
Citalopram might help against the racing thoughts, but probably not against the other symptoms.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Sometimes I also think I have DID, I think a lot of what someone else would do or think and play a role of this person.
I think I do that because I dont know who i am and how to react on things. I think
also its because of my dp and im not connected with anything. I think a lot about who i am, most of the times i make myself believe
things and then few minutes later i totally dont agree anymore with this though. And think was that me? Who is me?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts